Motor Controls is looking for a few good Mechanical Assemblers. Candidates with experience in construction, building HVAC units and auto mechanics are often good fits for this position. This is a direct-hire position with room for upward mobility.
Responsible for accurately assembling small to very large control panels, pump stations, cooling towers, and/or commercial HVAC units. Must be able to read prints and diagrams. Ability to wire panels is desired, but not required. This position is physically challenging, requiring upper body strength and stamina. Must be physically able to lift, bend, pull, measure, cut wire, drill holes in metal, lift a 50 to 70 pound metal panel, and screw in large screws manually. Must be able to follow an assembly and wiring diagram/drawing precisely, meeting time requirements while being accurate.
- Lift heavy panel boxes onto work station and determine correct mechanical and sometimes wiring schematic for that particular model
- Install back plates and punch holes in metal box accurately using accurate measurements
- Wire and/or assemble panel box properly as well as troubleshoot and resolve problems
- Evaluate assembled structure for damages, incorrect design and/or setup, and suggest corrections or improvements
- MUST possess the knowledge and ability to use tape measures, scales, squares, nut drivers, sockets and ratchets, drills, impact drivers, and hand jacks.
- Recognize different bolt, washer, and nut sizes
- Ability to stand for 10 hours per day
- Must be able to work in an extremely fast-paced environment. The appropriate candidate must meet standards while working quickly
- Must be able to bend over structures for long periods of time.
- Attention to detail and pride in work are critical
- Follow all safety procedures and wear appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Must be a team player and willing to perform tasks that may not be in your specific job description, take initiative when appropriate, and be open to constructive criticism.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must have intermediate to advanced knowledge of how to calculate dimensions accurate
- Must have basic math skills including to calculate and read decimals and understand metrics
- Pay rate commensurate with skill level
- Medical, Dental and vision insurance through Cigna
- Employer matching 401k plan
- Employer paid life insurance
- Employer paid Teladoc access
- Access to Aflac products at a reduced rate
- Paid holidays after 90 days of continuous employment
- Paid sick and vacation after 1 year of continuous employment
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Motor Controls, Inc provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Motor Controls, Inc complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employ