Production Supervisor (Fort Worth)
- Posted: 15 days ago
Who is Mother Parkers?
We are one of the largest tea and coffee manufacturers in North America, with a mission to create a better beverage experience for our customers. As a leading customer solutions provider to some of North America’s largest retailers and foodservice chains, we use state-of-the-art technology and new product innovation to help our customers grow their business and deliver superior products to their clientele. Our team of coffee and tea experts are deeply passionate about what we do, proud of our 100+ years of business success, and excited about building a future with endless possibilities. Come join our team and work among the best, collaborate with high performers, and contribute to challenging work every day!
We have an opportunity for an experienced Production Supervisor to join our Production team at our Fort Worth Plant, for the afternoon shift (2 – 10:30pm). In this role you will be responsible for leading production through advanced manufacturing systems, processing, and quality & maintenance, to ensure that key accountabilities with the Operational Framework SQCDPE and associated Key Performance Indicators are met.
What you get to do:
- Plan and direct production activities and establish production priorities for products in keeping with effective operation, customer service goals and cost factors.
- Coordinate production activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines and equipment.
- Review and analyze production, quality control, maintenance and operational reports to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications and operating or production problems. Reviews production and operating reports and resolves manufacturing problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Communicate shift performances and address issues including but not limited to safety, quality, equipment efficiency, schedule adherence, personnel performance and material usage.
- Maintain good employee relations and adherence to company policies and procedures. Take proper disciplinary measures when required.
- Ensures facility is constantly prepared for regulatory, corporate and customer directed inspections.
- Ensure set production KPI's and schedules are adhered to.
- Ensure plant is in GMP & SQF compliance.
- Works closely with distribution to ensure proper material and finished goods transfer.
- Conduct incident investigations and follow through on corrective and preventive actions.
- Participate in Joint Health and Safety Committee meetings.
- Conduct safety inspections, Behaviour Based Safety Observations and ensure that the plant is in compliance.
- Coordinate and ensure training compliance for all employees on the shift.
- Accountable to complete all payroll required documentation.
What you bring to the role:
- Minimum 5-7 years of operations experience in leadership roles in CPG and/or food manufacturing.
- Technical knowledge of processing and packaging is an asset.
- Demonstrated track record of building and leading high functioning teams.
- Strong knowledge and experience in Occupational Health & Safety, People Leadership, Lean Manufacturing, and Quality Assurance.
- Ability to set direction through business acumen, strategic agility and dealing with ambiguity.
- Can inspire and influence by motivating others.
- Drive results with timely decision making, command and negotiating skills.
- Operate with a sense of urgency being action oriented and exhibiting perseverance.
- Strong project management and budgeting skills.
- Knowledge of operating systems CMMS, ERP and MES.
- Sound administrative skills with advanced skills in MS Project, Word, and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Possess strong computer and software application skills.
What we offer you:
- Competitive Total Rewards package – health benefits coverage on day 1, employer matched retirement savings plans, Flexible Spending Account.
- Employee discount program on our coffee and tea products.
- Annual Safety Shoes Program – your safety is our #1 priority.
- Tuition Assistance Program – we value continuous learning and self-development.
Powered by JazzHR
Mother Parkers Tea & Coffee
AddressFort Worth, TX
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?