- Posted: over a month ago
- $50,000 to $65,000 Yearly
Are you someone with an entrepreneurial spirit? Do you love interacting with customers and guests? Are you highly motivated, highly ambitious and do you have the desire to succeed? Are you looking for a position that has a lot of job variety? Do you have previous hotel experience?
If this sounds like you, please contact us!
We are actively seeking a General Manager for a 4 year old, pristine condition, award winning Motel 6 of Mankato. This hotel has some of the hightest guest service ratings in all of Mankato and Motel 6. The ideal candidate will possess strong organization skills, be highly ambitious, and be detailed oriented. You will be coaching and training the property team to continue to provide a great guest experience, demonstrating a heart for service, building and strengthening our brand reputation within the community. The general manager will be responsible for meeting the financial sales and goals of the property while also planning local community outreach and establishing partnerships with neighboring businesses. Although previous hotel management experience is desired, if you have a true knack for multi-tasking, being resourceful, maintaining a heart for service in any circumstance and growing our business, this could be the role for you.
- Serve our guests with warm hospitable interactions, as well as identifying and addressing guest issues.
- Resolving guest and employee concerns with strong problem resolution skills.
- Manage the financial performance of the property and the achievement of property sales and profit objectives; including management of the profit and loss statement of the property, reviewing guest folios, reports, facilitating payment of bills with our accounting office, general accounting and more.
- Build and manage your team. Everything from hiring and training, it’s your job to maintain positive team member relations at the property. Leading, coaching, mentoring, and inspiring hotel staff.
- Establish and implement local community relations in order to build positive brand image for our Motel 6 within the community.
- Seek new employees, evaluate current employees, handle payroll for employees.
- Answer email and phone communication between Mankato Motel 6 and our G6 corporate office.
- Manage the standards and procedures of the Motel 6 Mankato according to G6 Hospitality standards.
- Facilitate payment of bills with our accounting office.
- Ability to frequently stand, sit, push, pull, and at times lift and carry up to fifty pounds.
- Must have reliable transportation and be available 24 hours a day as Motel 6 is a 24/7 business
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends
- Two years or more of hotel leadership experience
- Two years or more of hotel management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Four or more years of hotel front desk experience
Competitive salary and benefits based on experience. This is a salaried position between $50,000 and $65,000 per year.
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discount
- Retirement Account
Motel 6 Mankato
RetailView all jobs at Motel 6 Mankato