About the Position
We are looking for an SEO analyst at either the senior or junior level.
Senior = 3 - 5 + years experience
Junior = < 3 years experience
The position is available on a full-time, salary basis or contractor basis (with no specific end date) - depending on fit and experience.
Being local and able to work from our San Francisco office is an available option.
However, we will consider all applicants and invest as required for top talent.
You'll be responsible for planning, building and managing the full stack of services associated with digital marketing campaigns for our clients - particularly those services that are associated with SEO. You will work closely with other team members and your efforts will be tied in with design, content, development and paid search.
Below is a list of responsibilities we need (primary) and responsibilities that would be helpful (secondary). You'll be working on multiple projects at any given time so time management and being self-driven is a must.
The ideal candidate for this position is a quantitative problem solver that makes sense out of chaos and provides insight with the rest of the team. You should have experience or an understanding of all of the following: SEO, including technical SEO, keyword research, on-page creative SEO (content), and link building/outreach.
You will be tested on this during the interview process!
• Create digital strategy with other team members
• Assist with or create SEO campaign audits
• Perform keyword research
• Perform competitive analyses
• Find new link building opportunities
• Develop new relationships for link building
• Technical SEO auditing & implementation
• Calculate & track acquisition goals vs. costs
• Generate & analyze analytics / reporting data
• More stuff that you will probably know how to do if you're familiar with all or most of the above.
• Critical comprehension and attention to detail -- the first sentence of your application should tell us something fun about yourself -- a hobby or interesting fact. Important for bonus points. And that's why it's buried in this list. =]
• Copywriting (not necessarily needed but you should be able to make suggestions)
• Interact with clients through email, phone, in-person meetings (not necessarily needed)
• Test usability & bug testing of websites
• Update websites through content management systems, most commonly WordPress.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Required: Minimum 6 months of experience in SEO
- Beginner to expert level proficiency with Google Analytics
- Beginner to expert level proficiency with other common tools such as Screaming Frog, Moz, ahrefs, Google Search Console, BuzzStream
- Strong Microsoft Excel / Google Spreadsheet skills
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- English fluency required
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative environment
- Bachelor's degree desired
We provide our clients with custom-built campaigns that involve: SEO, SEM/PPC management, content strategy & creation, social media management and web design/development.
The atmosphere here at our San Francisco office is very relaxed. We have flexible work hours. You may work remotely at your leisure.