The Outsourced Finance & Accounting group at Moss Adams helps businesses to operate more effectively, make better decisions and spend less time on accounting and financial operations. The Specialist role is instrumental in our ability to deliver on our promise. We are looking for energetic individuals who have a passion for learning and using technology to provide outsourced finance & accounting services to our dynamic client base.
Specialists provide outstanding service to our clients by delivering a variety of accounting services. The Specialist will serve as a supporting Account Manager primarily responsible for day to day client relationships, for providing proactive and timely communication, and undertaking efficient problem resolution.
Individuals who thrive at Moss Adams exhibit the following success skills - Collaboration, Critical Thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Executive Presence, Growth Mindset, Intellectual Curiosity, and Results Focus.
- Undertakes primary responsibility for day-to-day client communication & problem resolution
- Ensures timely and accurate client communication and deliverables
- Reviews payroll prior to processing and selected A/P transactions
- Reconciles bank accounts monthly
- Performs periodic account reconciliations
- Routinely reviews balance sheet and P&L for potential miscodings
- Prepares journal entries and supporting documentation
- Prepares fixed asset depreciation schedules
- Prepares/performs other routine accounting functions
- Monitors the quality, verifies information, checks for accuracy of work for the department
- Develops and uses systems to organize and keep track of information or work progress
- Appropriately communicates project stats to management
- High School diploma or GED required; Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience required
- Experience with Excel, Word, Outlook, required; experience with QuickBooks Online, Intacct, NetSuite and other cloud accounting tools preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, establish priorities, and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Ability to approach complex tasks or problems creatively while knowing when to escalate critical issues to management
Title: Outsourced Finance & Accounting Specialist
Location: Seattle, WA
Requisition ID: 18878