Moss Adams brings more West to business. More than a location, it's a way of doing business in which innovation thrives and optimism abounds. At Moss Adams, we're excited by the greatness of possibility and the extraordinary potential for companies and individuals to prosper.
With more than 2,500 professionals across 25-plus locations in the West and beyond, we provide the world's most innovative companies with specialized accounting, consulting, and wealth management services to help them embrace emerging opportunity.
The IT Product Group Senior Manager is responsible for leading and managing a team of multi-disciplinary IT resources to deliver new custom or off-the-shelf solutions and ongoing maintenance and support of existing solutions within the IT domain. Typical systems and efforts included in this domain are the firm's foundational technology solutions that supports day to day employee productivity such as Adobe, Windows and O365 while overseeing the foundational infrastructure solutions, including Cisco Jabber, Citrix, VMWare, NetScaler, ITSM suite, TFS, IT Tools and all core solutions the rest of our products and applications rely on to function.
Individuals who thrive at Moss Adams exhibit the following success skills - Collaboration, Critical Thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Executive Presence, Growth Mindset, Intellectual Curiosity, and Results Focus.
- Manage the team responsible for planning, delivering and supporting IT products (custom and off-the-shelf) and services related to assigned product group
- Set priorities, objectives and strategies for the group; maintain and optimize the operating model, team structure and roles
- Hire, mentor, coach and develop members of the team, identify individual training and development needs, provide growth opportunities and/or address gaps in employee performance
- Partner with business units and product stakeholders to support the strategic annual and ongoing planning process; ensure goals and objectives align with IT roadmap; facilitate recalibration of portfolio as needed based on changing firm/business and IT priorities
- Collaborate with senior IT leaders, other Product Group Senior Managers and the IT Business Management Office in the delivery of an interrelated service delivery, management operations and continuous improvement.
- Own/oversee, monitor and track program/projects and operations within assigned product group; report back to product stakeholders on operations, operational improvements, operational outcomes, recurring issues, incidents and problems
- Consult with stakeholders to identify opportunities to leverage technology to transform their business operations; develop and manage long-term business applications strategy and roadmap; create and manage collaborative roadmap with the business
- Facilitate governance/steering committee; help design and implement governance models, program/project/operations prioritization criteria, and decision making processes
- Lead resource demand planning and budget planning for their assigned product team and participate in firm wide project pipeline planning decisions
- Oversee areas of quality management, communications management, change management, risk/issue management, escalation procedures; serve as the top of the escalation path for all issues within assigned product group
- Oversee and proactively manage their team's performance and outcomes related to application performance, incident and problem management, operational improvements, operational outcomes, and recurring issues
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required; emphasis in Business, Technology or related field preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience in in a complex IT organization required; including demonstrated involvement with building and leading high-performing teams and fostering an inclusive culture; experience in public accounting or professional services environment preferred
- Ability to translate the strategic direction of the business unit(s) and IT into effective and successful initiatives
- Familiarity with strategic and annual planning, portfolio management and roadmaps
- Familiarity with IT support operations; incident, problem and change management
- Strong executive presence and demonstrated leadership skills, good judgment, and ability to effectively interface with employees and leaders at all levels within the firm
- Familiarity with System Selection or Application Development and the ability to lead a team through either process to final delivery and ongoing support of a product.
- Exceptional business acumen; equally capable of seeing "Big Picture" as well as managing the details
- Proven commitment to providing exceptional client service, and foster a high degree of end user satisfaction through the delivery of quality and timely service
- Ability to analyze and evaluate complex business, system and process opportunities, think critically, and identify creative solutions
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and frequent changes in organizational priorities and provide clear direction to teams
- Ability to travel as needed, approximately 10%
Title: IT Product Group Senior Manager
Location: Seattle, WA
Requisition ID: 19009
Other Locations: Spokane, WA