Moss Adams brings more West to business. More than a location, it's a way of doing business in which innovation thrives and optimism abounds. At Moss Adams, we're excited by the greatness of possibility and the extraordinary potential for companies and individuals to prosper.
With more than 3,200 professionals across 25-plus locations in the West and beyond, we provide the world's most innovative companies with specialized accounting, consulting, and wealth management services to help them embrace emerging opportunity.
The Portfolio Senior Manager is responsible for leading a multidisciplinary team that works with leadership across IT to establish and manage the aggregated IT portfolio which encompasses both delivery of IT products and services as well as implementation of new and upgraded applications and systems. Additionally, this role is responsible for developing and leading the IT communications and training functions and overseeing how IT change impacts the organization. This senior leader continually monitors the progress of the activities in the IT portfolio, identifies and helps resolve potential issues, risks, and collisions across the aligned groups, and identifies and resolves conflicts in communication and change management activities across IT. They develop and strong collaborative partnerships with the Moss Adams Communications and Training teams in order to direct IT's work across these functions appropriately. They collect and report on the IT portfolio's key performance metrics and work with IT and firm leadership to refine the overall IT portfolio roadmap based on changing priorities.
Individuals who thrive at Moss Adams exhibit the following success skills - Collaboration, Critical Thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Executive Presence, Growth Mindset, Intellectual Curiosity, and Results Focus.
- Provide leadership and direction for the portfolio team; develop team strategy and operating model, set priorities and objectives, define structure and roles/responsibilities
- Provide day-to-day oversight of portfolio team's performance; ensure team is delivering results effectively and efficiently, and is adhering to standard methodologies, processes, and tools
- Hire, mentor, and coach portfolio team members. provide day-to-day oversight team's performance; solicit feedback from others to support the development of the team and deliver annual reviews
- Partner with IT group leadership to lead and support the annual and ongoing planning process
- Act as a subject matter expert in helping IT group leaders design and implement governance models, program/project prioritization criteria, and decision making processes
- Develop and maintain portfolio heat-map and change management impact analysis across all IT groups
- Aggregate all group portfolios, develop and maintain dashboards and provide IT portfolio status reports; help identify and resolve issues/risks and potential collisions across IT groups and leadership
- Define the metrics and data sources to be used to track realization of benefits/outcomes for overall portfolio and related programs/projects; monitor and measure results and provide ongoing progress reporting
- Work with IT leadership and stakeholders to ensure IT portfolio roadmap remains aligned; facilitate recalibration of portfolio as needed based on changing firm/business unit and IT priorities
- Develop and lead the IT communications and training functions in partnership with the MA communication and learning teams; manage staff as appropriate
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required; emphasis in Business, Technology or related field preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience portfolio management, program/project management or business consulting experienced in a complex organization required; including demonstrated involvement with building and leading high-performing teams and fostering an inclusive culture; experience in public accounting or professional services environment preferred
- Experience overseeing the work of others, ability to evaluate progress, and provide constructive feedback.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective partnerships with stakeholders and experience collaborating with diverse stakeholders.
- Experience leading the work of developing communications, change management, and training deliverables at a program or project level
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively across functions/departments/teams while building trusted relationships and positively influencing the accomplishment of organizational goals
- Experience monitoring program or portfolio performance; establishing KPI measures and roadmaps, developing executive dashboards and reporting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to articulate complex issues to others
- Exceptional business acumen; equally capable of seeing "Big Picture" as well as managing the details
- Ability to travel as needed, approximately 10%
Title: Enterprise IT Portfolio Senior Manager
Location: Seattle, WA
Requisition ID: 19002