Senior Network Engineer
Mosaic451 is seeking Network Engineer with experience managing, securing and working in mission-critical heterogeneous network environments. The individual must have hands-on experience configuring routers, switches, and firewalls from Cisco and Juniper, and should have experience working with other vendors – specifically Palo Alto and Arista.
The individual must have knowledge of TCP/IP protocol fundamentals. The individual must have experience and operational knowledge of the Spanning Tree protocols, the major IP routing protocols (OSPF/BGP), and various transport and VPN technologies (MPLS, GRE, IPSec, DMVPN).
The ideal candidate must also have practical experience implementing, configuring and setting up wireless local area networks (WLAN).
The individual will report to an on-site customer in the Phoenix area and, as such, will need to be professional, hardworking and proactive and must be able to communicate both in writing and verbally.
- Supports and plans network communications systems for Mosaic451 and its customers.
- Provides specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture.
- Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Conducts testing of network design prior to implementation
- Maintains technical expertise in areas of network interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
- Works with configuration management to ensure compliance with architecture
- Strong problem solving skills
- Individual must have 5-8 years of experience with managing and securing Palo Alto/Juniper/Cisco equipment, including firewalls, switches, routers, and management appliances.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to “think outside-the-box.”
Education and Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field (preferred but not required)
- CCNA preferred but not required