Morton Buildings, Inc. is the industry leader in post-frame construction. We have been in business for more than 110 years and have six manufacturing plants servicing 106 construction centers nationwide. Per year, across America, more than 3,500 new buildings sport the familiar Morton M.
Morton Buildings, Inc.'s corporate Design Services department, located in Morton, Illinois is offering a paid student internship during the summer. The internship program will provide the student with relevant skills in a variety of individual CAD design, code review/compliance, and project management.
As a Morton Buildings Intern, you will:
- Learn the basic Morton Buildings post frame building structure via AutoCAD designing.
- Collaborate with licensed architects in order to incorporate code compliance into project design
- Participate in weekly meetings with the functional CAD design and architectural teams.
- Understand scheduling demand & workforce supply to align projects with targeted deadlines
- Run and analyze daily/weekly/monthly construction drawing production data.
- Understand the material requirements for the building structures and perform quantity take off projects to gain an understating of the product material requirements.
- Complete a capstone projects with inters from various functions & disciplines
- Strong technical and organizational skills in addition to excellent written and verbal communication skills in a professional environment.
- A high level of integrity, accuracy, dependability, enthusiasm, and confidentiality.
- Must be a highly motivated with the ability to meet daily deadlines.
- Self-starter with a positive, willing to learn attitude.
- Able to work independently, as well as able to work well in a team setting.
- Service minded with excellent communication and solid documentation skills.
- Targeted Graduation date during the 2020/2021 school year or students completing schooling at the end of 2019/2020 but still needing to satisfy an internship requirement.
- Students graduating in 2022 may apply assuming they have relevant coursework.
- Must have a functional skill level with AutoCAD.
- Pursuing a Bachelor of Architecture, Master of Architecture, or as Undergraduate Bachelor of Science, Architecture studies.
This is a paid hourly position that will start in early June 2020 and conclude mid-August 2020.
Morton Buildings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace.