Chief Executive Officer
- Expired: January 23, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
A progressive and growing nut processor in Northern California is seeking a Chief Executive Officer to join their team. This position will provide executive leadership and direction to the organization; leadership consistent with safe and sound business practices, and in accordance with all company policies, and all state, federal, and local laws. The CEO supports the vision of the organization, set jointly with the ownership; and collaboratively leads the organization staff, assuring a positive and engaged culture for the company. This role ensures that growers are provided a premier service and value for their crop and the companys equity investors receive favorable returns. The CEO reports to the Board.
- Plan, develop, and establish policies and objectives including supervising day to day operations to encourage the growth and stability of the company and the provisions of a safe working environment for employees.
- With the Board, collaboratively establish business direction that supports company strategy, operating and budget plans, growth strategies, and action plans to lead the company into the future.
- Provide overall leadership and direction to business development, grower relations, marketing, customer service, processing, food safety, finance, accounting, and internal control operations.
- Determine the overall organizational and delivery system structure and staffing, ensuring the company hires, develops, and motivates a highly competent and professional staff.
- Facilitate management development and succession, proactively making necessary adjustments to maintain effective and efficient operations.
- Direct the development and implementation of necessary local operating policies, procedures, management systems, controls, and standards to effectively carry out the companys objectives.
- Ensure the adequacy and soundness of the companys financial structure, including risk management, competitiveness of its products, and services and responsiveness to customers needs.
- Serve as the principal spokesperson for the company to ensure that its values and objectives are effectively communicated to all stakeholders.
- Meet monthly, or more often as necessary, with the Board to review financial and operational performance and discuss policy decisions.
- Collaboratively facilitate regular (annual) strategic and long-term planning sessions with the Board.
- Protect the companys physical assets including buildings, documents, and equipment from unauthorized access or harm.
- Participate in industry and association meetings as appropriate to stay abreast of trends impacting the companys business activities.
- Ensure compliance with food safety, government, and food production/processing industry regulations.
- Establish and maintain a broad network of industry, legislative, regulatory, and key constituency contacts. Serve as an ambassador for the agriculture community.
- Masters degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience.
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated experience in the agricultural sector; proven experience in strategy development and execution.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to apply sound judgement and strategic thinking to all decisions.
- Strong commitment and adherence to personal values that align with those of ownership and the overall organization.
- Proven ability to meet financial performance targets and grow shareholder value.
- Superior team building and talent development skills. Exceptional communication and leadership skills.
This position offers a competitive salary depending on qualifications and experience. In addition, compensation includes:
- Health Insurance, 401k with company match, Paid Time Off, Sick Leave, Paid Holidays
- Relocation assistance, if needed
All offers of employment contingent on a background check. EOE. Please note that Morrison does not recruit from client personnel (click here for details).
Powered by JazzHR
AddressRio Linda, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Morrison