Do you enjoy bringing your expertise to a growing environment? Are you mechanically inclined and understand machining processes? Do you thrive in a custom equipment manufacturing environment – where purchases can often be in quantity of 1? Do you love being part of a customer-centric leadership team with engineering and production to solve problems? Do you believe in the power of a well-managed purchasing and inventory management system? If so, we are looking for detail-oriented applicants like you for our Purchasing / Inventory Manager role.
Morrison Container Handling Solutions, the leading container handling expert in the packaging industry, is seeking a Purchasing / Inventory Manager to lead our purchasing and inventory operations. This is very much a working Manager position – well suited for someone who likes to be a part of the working system on a daily basis.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES for Purchasing / Inventory Manager:
· Develop, implement, and manage purchasing and inventory policies, procedures and activities that maximize accuracy, quick delivery and budget guidelines and minimize waste, overstock and supply problems
· Documentation of current inventory processes including material storage and organization, ordering, receiving, stocking, payment, requisition, and distribution
· Identify and address future or potential inventory shortage and overstock situations.
· Work closely with Production Manager to ensure proper inventory levels.
· Analyze monthly inventory and service level results and review with management.
· Build and maintain supplier relationships to effectively negotiate advantageous pricing, quality and delivery; assure that goods and services meet requirements
· Manage a diversified vendor base consisting of products across multiple categories and perform short term and long-range planning.
· Manage and review inventories and reconcile according to schedule; investigate and solve discrepancies; direct the disposal of surplus items and disposition of obsolete parts, materials and equipment
· Participate in the development of specifications for services, equipment, products, supplies or substitute materials; attend departmental meetings to identify new product demands, schedules and procurement needs
· Supervise and direct the activities and duties of other personnel involved in purchasing operations
QUALIFICATIONS for Purchasing / Inventory Manager:
· Bachelor’s Degree + 3-5 Years Purchasing/Warehouse/Operations Experience in a Manufacturing Facility Required
· Proven history of cost reduction and inventory management
· Experience using ERP systems; E2 Shoptech preferred
· Attitude: Strong desire to succeed as part of a team; interest in contributing to a positive company culture; willingness to persist until the job is done right for the customer and embrace the Morrison “Support Built In” culture
We are an established, family-run company with a record of success in solving the most complex container handling problems for national and international companies, always with our support-built-in culture. Morrison offers a competitive salary and benefits package including health insurance, life insurance, and disability insurance, 401(k) plan, profit-sharing, and tuition reimbursement.