Baltimore/Washington Metro Area
The Field Support Technician is part of the Customer Care Team and provides onsite support for our customers. It is the responsibility of the Field Support Technician to address customer concerns in a friendly, professional, and timely manner. The Field Support Technician must be able to balance customer and company needs by adapting to the customer’s level of enterprise, being empathetic to the customer’s situation while following Access411’s policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibility
The duties and responsibilities of the Field Support Technician are as follows:
1. Travel to customer sites
The Field Support Technician will need to be able to travel to the customer sites on a daily basis. This includes multiple customer sites on the same day.
2. Provide Onsite Support
The Field Support Technician is responsible for providing onsite support after being dispatched by the Help Desk and helping the customer with the following:
- Troubleshooting and working to resolve hardware issues.
- Provide software support when an issue could not be addressed online or over the phone with the Help Desk.
3. Support technical installation and troubleshooting of computers and equipment including:
- Windows operating systems
- Desktop and Laptop PC
- Wireless Access Points
- Network and Internet connectivity
4. Maintain lines of communication throughout Customer Care Team.
The Field Support Technician is responsible for communicating information throughout the Customer Care Team:
- Updated contact information (including principal and the school’s CAASS Administrator).
- Submission of Service Orders that includes what work was performed and the status of issues addressed during appointments.
- Issues that need escalation (loaner process, Level II support, etc.).
- Arrival at appointments or delays.
5. Maintain lines of communication with Customer.
- Upon arrival at appointment, communicate with customer.
- Update customer with status of hardware/software issues.
- At completion of appointment, notify customer of departure.
6. Work on special projects as directed by the helpdesk manager
The Field Support Technician is responsible for special project tasks as assigned to them by the Customer Care Manager.
7. Work with management on continual customer service quality
The Field Support Technician is responsible for customer care quality and as such will work with the Access411’s management to address areas for improvement.
8. Proactively manage customer needs
The Field Support Technician will evaluate with the customer their supply, training, and CAASS software needs and make recommendations to address them.
Access411 requires the following skills and qualifications from its Field Support Technician:
- GED or Higher with two or more years of experience of information technology field.
- Effective oral and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated desire to learn and continue education in present and future products, services, and technologies.
- Must be physically capable of lifting and carrying up to 55 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record.
- Friendly and helpful personality.
- Professional appearance and behavior.
- Prompt attendance a must.
- Great communication skills and an understanding of phone and email etiquette.
· Monthly Car allowance
· Cell phone allowance
· Paid Time Off
· Performance Bonus
· Dental Plan