Morris - Sockle, PLLC, is seeking a skilled Paralegal to join our divorce and family law practice.
We are a well-established Thurston County law firm, with a skilled legal team and solid administrative staff.
What We Offer:
• A competitive salary (commensurate with skills and experience)
• Health Care coverage
• Gym Membership
• Paid Time Off
• Holiday Pay
• A positive, collaborative environment, which encourages accountability, expects integrity and empowers the members of our team to be the best they can be.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
• Attend all legal team meetings
• Provide needed support to the assigned attorney
• Manage calendars: including scheduling and tracking client appointments, discovery, court dates, etc.
• Check court hearing calendar to ensure all hearings are properly noted
• Complete standardized Dissolution and other court forms
• Draft pleadings
• Draft Client correspondence
• Attend Client meetings with Attorneys
• Meetings with clients and other client interactions
• Transcribe dictation and discovery documents
• Maintain organized paper and electronic files, including opening, indexing, scanning, concurrent and accurate filing, and appropriately closing
• Potential client intake calls
Qualifications & Requirements:
• The ideal candidate will have a minimum of one year of divorce and family law experience, but legal academic credit with a strong interest in divorce and family law will also be considered.
• Excellent writing skills
• A desire to help clients
• Excellent communication skills
• Reliable and accountable
• Ability to work efficiently in a team environment and supportive role
• 55 wpm keyboarding and intermediate computer skills
• Proficiency with Word, Outlook, Excel, and child support calculation software
• The following additional skills are a plus:
• Advanced computer skills
• Familiarity with Washington law, standardized Dissolution forms, and Thurston County Court system
• Proficiency with CS Suite, TABS, and Odyssey
• Litigation experience
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following electronically:
• Cover letter of interest
• At least 3 professional and personal references
• Writing sample(s) - 1 to 3 examples of your writing sufficient to demonstrate your writing style and indicate your legal understanding/analysis of an issue.