Morris – Sockle, PLLC, is growing! We are seeking an associate to join our firm, to practice in the area of divorce and family law. We are a well-established Thurston County law firm, with a skilled legal team and solid support staff.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a newer lawyer looking to gain invaluable divorce and family law experience, working with senior attorneys with over 75 years of combined experience in litigation and family law.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
• Admitted to the Washington State Bar, and in good standing
• Excellent legal skills
• Analytic ability
• Positive attitude
• Knowledge of local courts
• Aggressive advocacy traits
• Reliability and timeliness are a must
• Efficiency in Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to take direction
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
• Deadline and detail-oriented
• Additional skills in marketing are a plus
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of one to two years of divorce and family law experience, but recent graduates with a strong interest in divorce and family law, are also encouraged to apply. Applicants must live in, or be willing to relocate to Thurston County if hired.
WHAT WE OFFER
• Competitive salary (commensurate with skills and experience)
• Health coverage
• HSA contributions
• Holiday Pay
• Full-Time Paralegals and support staff
• A positive, collaborative environment, which encourages accountability, expects integrity and empowers the members of our team to be the best they can be.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following electronically:
• Current resume
• Cover letter of interest
• Writing sample(s) – 1 to 3 examples of your writing sufficient to demonstrate your writing style and indicate your legal understanding/analysis of an issue.