Performs a variety of administrative functions specifically in the internal support for the branch network, including research, electronic file processing (to include ACH), account maintenance, balancing accounts, wire processing and exception processing. Provides daily support to the branches on all issues relating to Deposit Operations.
Acts as the primary interface with customers and branch personnel to resolve deposit related problems.
Performs duties as related to the processing of various types of exception items, including, but not limited to:
- Exception Item Processing POD (Teller Transactions) Inclearings, ACH, ATM.
- Reconciliation of Inclearing and ACH files.
- Assist customers with banking needs and perform research when needed.
- Manages Garnishments/Levies and subpoenas.
- Manages overdraft accounts, submits charge-off accounts to Collection Agency, report accounts to ChekSystems, closes overdraft accounts.
- Cash Letter Adjustments
- Processes Savings Bonds, Foreign Collections, Collection items, Federal Return Charge Backs, Cash/Coin Orders for Branches
- Process Stop Payments, Notice of Reclamations, Affidavits, etc.
- Balance various deposit and general ledger accounts, including official checks.
- Provides research and support to branches.
- Order/load and create and review instant debit cards, file debit card disputes and balance ATM
- Perform account maintenance and address changes on core and auxiliary products.
- Review large dollar items and monitor various reports for activity and problems situations.
- File CD's, signature cards or other documents
- Scan documents, mail letters and notices daily.
- Provide as backup for processing Incoming and Outgoing wires Domestic and International.
- Perform duties as defined in the Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering Program
- Performs other duties/projects as assigned by management.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Five years of general experience in banking operations, or equivalent combination of college education and/or experience
- Computer Skills: Word, Excel, Internet Explorer, Windows Explorer
- Presents a professional image and has a high degree of interpersonal skills, attitude, judgment, communication and the ability to effectively interact with customers, employees and external representatives. Must be able to use tact and diplomacy and communicate effectively via telephone, letters, personal contact, etc.
- Strong attention to detail, good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Ability to exercise personal and professional responsibility and work with limited direction
- General knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering Program preferred
Must be capable of operating all types of office equipment
Computer, telephone, fax machine, ten-key, copier, scanner, printer
SUPERVISORY REQUIREMENTS: None
- Requires incumbent to remain sedentary within office
- Limited traveling and overtime work required.