- $90,000 to $110,000 Yearly
Target salary for this role: $90,000.00-110,000.00 annually.
This position works remotely today, but our team is transitioning to a hybrid-structure this summer.
Morreale Strategic Communications is seeking a Senior Strategist to join our award-winning team!
The Senior Strategist crafts and implements advanced communications strategies for a diverse range of high-profile clients. These strategies incorporate a combination of key message development, media relations, issue management, coalition building, stakeholder engagement and creative strategy. The Senior Strategist works closely with the firm's leadership, project managers and subject matter experts to quickly learn technical information, understand change impacts, and create effective materials that achieve project goals.
We are looking for a team leader to drive project strategy and intended outcomes. This person must be confident in leading strategy sessions with the internal team, and interface with the client to develop educational and influential campaigns using a variety of tactics, including but not limited to: earned media, social and digital media (paid and organic), message development, legislative strategy and collateral development.
Must have established Illinois media relationships and have proven success in media placements in broadcast and print media. Experience with issues management including strategy development and media relations preferred. Candidate must be able to comfortably facilitate meetings with top level executives and have experience building community and stakeholder alliances - including with local and statewide elected officials -to support projects and clients looking to shape policy decisions.
This person must be a strategic thinker with the ability to manage and mentor project teams, budgets and resources, and monitor progress of deliverables. They must pass a writing test, be detail oriented and meet tight deadlines. At least eight years of senior-level communications experience and five years of communications experience in a public or private- sector organization is required.
- Develop, implement and manage a comprehensive and strategic internal and external communications and public engagement strategy to engage diverse audiences and stakeholders
- Initiate, plan, develop and manage execution of thought-leadership communications strategies to support client objectives
- Develop innovative and targeted communications strategies, messaging and tactics that engage and deliver against client business strategies
- Select appropriate external forums to convey client stories and support client spokespeople for speaking engagements
- Maintain relationships with media, government and industry officials to promote client initiatives in the press
- Create briefing materials for executives and manage the internal and external approval process
- Develop and manage marketing and promotional campaigns, including creating, editing and disseminating publications, reports, websites, social media content, newsletters and print materials
- Provide expertise on day-to-day media relations activities for clients
- Provide guidance to clients' senior executives for media relations and coordinate print, radio and television appearances
- Prepare, write, and edit press releases, byline articles, media alerts and other forms of external communications
- Provide guidance to senior executives on communications plans and approaches
- 8+ years professional experience in the areas of communications, government, transportation and/or journalism
- Experience in media relations
- Ability to communicate highly technical materials in digestible terms for public consumption
- Strong multi-tasking skills with the ability to track multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Candidates should possess a minimum of a Bachelor's degree
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Project (or other similar project management tool)
- Candidate must have reliable transportation and be able to travel to client locations as needed
Commitment to Morreale Core Values
Our core values represent the beliefs, philosophies and principles that define who we are and how we do business. We are looking for a candidate who demonstrates commitment and character to upholding the Morreale Core Values in all they do.
- Accountability: Own it and honor our commitment to others.
- Diversity: Embrace diverse perspectives and foster a culture of inclusion.
- Excellence: Think big. Be bold and make every action count.
- Integrity: Be honest, respectful, and trustworthy. Always do the right thing.
- Collaboration: Stronger together. Elevate each other's unique abilities to build on our collective strength.
Morreale Strategic Communications is an 18-time award winning firm founded in 2006. We excel at solving challenges where people, government and policies intersect. Our diverse team of experts create customized solutions to shape perception, build momentum and ignite change. We are a certified DBE/WBE with an all-female leadership team and 90% female and minority workforce.
Morreale Communications is an EOE.
Morreale CommunicationsChicago, IL
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.