Morningstar Living Nazareth, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Morningstar Living is currently hiring a Maintenance Supervisor for our Heritage Village Campus in Upper Nazareth, PA. This opportunity is full-time days with shift hours between 7:30 am-4:00 pm. Must be willing to work weekends and holidays, when needed.
At Morningstar Living, we encourage both our residents and team members to "Be where you shine!" We value our team members and strive to ensure they experience the same genuine care we provide to our residents and home care clients. We ask you to join our Mission of Making a Difference...by enriching life's journey for all we serve.
What will I do in this role?
- Maintaining and supervising the WorxHub system including receiving requests and assigning staff to perform requested tasks at Heritage Village.
- Assign to the appropriate staff member
- Complete work orders and preventive maintenance work on equipment and plant facilities as assigned and maintain records of work.
- Contact outside contractors for all areas covered under specific factory warranties or builder/contractor warranties
- Perform highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain all buildings and equipment.
- Assist in the maintenance of the property by conducting daily rounds to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Provide scheduled and emergency/unscheduled repairs of building and equipment.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Responsible for the ordering of routine supplies and parts.
- Responsible for hiring, orientation, training, and supervision of staff for Plant and Operations including recommending staffing patterns for adequate coverage, determining prospective employee qualifications, and assigning and posting schedules for staff.
- Develop a good working rapport with other departments through meetings and open communications in order to coordinate approaches between departments to assure quality resident care.
- Ensures facility grounds are maintained to include snow removal and applying of salt to assure safety on walkways.
- Manage, maintain, and comply with all safety regulations for the community pool
What do I need in this role?
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a current, valid driver's license in good standing.
- Must have, as a minimum, three (3) years experience in a supervisory capacity, in a maintenance/plant-related position.
- Working knowledge of (1) HVAC, (2) plumbing, (3) electric, and (4) appliances for troubleshooting, services, and repair.
- Working knowledge of boilers, compressors, generators, etc., as well as various mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems.
- Willing to be on-call and to have a telephone at place of residence or a cell phone.
- Willing to work flexible hours including some evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills with the ability to motivate others.
- Basic computer knowledge with the ability to learn and utilize new technology systems to improve efficiencies.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess self-direction in the management of time, work, and related activities.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Must be knowledgeable of rules, laws, regulations, protocols, building codes, and safety regulations.
- Must be honest, diplomatic, and able to follow and give instructions respectfully and professionally.
- Valid or must achieve within six months the Certified Pool & Spa Operator? (CPO?) Certification, which provides knowledge, techniques, and skills for pool and spa operations.
- Valid or must achieve within six months the Department of Agriculture Pesticide Application Licensure.
- Willingness to do all forms of maintenance, repair, security, and other work as assigned.
Why choose Morningstar Living?
Our organization opened the Moravian Hall Square campus in 1988. This location is now home to over 300 senior residents experiencing the regions' best services in Assisted Living, Memory Support Care, Rehabilitation, and Nursing Care. Heritage Village Campus sits on 50+ acres of lush countryside offering a cottage community in a village setting.
- Moravian Hall Square was named to the U.S. News & World Report's Best Nursing Homes!
- We have a FIVE-Star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid! Services.
- Moravian Hall Square received 2 Readers' Choice Awards: Best Continuing Care Retirement Community AND Best in Senior Health Care Services in 2020.
Our focus at Morningstar Living is to maintain the health and wellness of our customers, by being the conduit for each customer to live life well. And there is no greater joy and satisfaction than the friendship and bond you will build with our customers, along with the supportive, caring team around you. But the best part? You have the ability to work a schedule that works for you and your family... because work-life balance is key to your formula for success.
Morningstar Living offers a comprehensive package of benefits for every team member to include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits with low deductibles
- Competitive Wages
- Daily Pay Option
- Paid Time-Off
- Company Sponsored 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On-Site Fitness Center
Morningstar Living takes seriously its commitment to providing a safe environment for our residents and employees. For this reason, we believe mandating the COVID-19 vaccination for our employees is absolutely the right thing for us to do. Effective September 1, 2021, all newly hired employees age 18 and older must be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Morningstar Living will recognize authorized medical and religious exemptions to the COVID vaccine.
Morningstar Living is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by State or Federal law.
Real EstateView all jobs at Morningstar Living