Direct Care Staff for Adults with Developmental Disabilities
Morning Star Personal Care Inc Snellville, GA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $10 to $12 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k
As a Residential Service Assistant employee, you support individuals with developmental disabilities. Your primarily focus is supporting the individual to live life moving toward independence and achieve as many of their aspirations as possible to include assisting the individual with their personal needs, making meals, and ensuring their medical needs are met. As a Residential Service Assistant, you are responsible for assisting the individual develop relationships outside the home and other activities in their local community. You are required to respect the individual and their choices with the understanding that each person has a right to the same quality of life as you.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with choosing weather appropriate clothing
- Support in individual self-administration of their medication
- Assist with personal hygiene care throughout the day
- Daily recording of activities related to individual including medication log, in-depth account of their day (a person-centered account), goals tracking, incident reporting as applicable, money log, daily communication logging, etc.
- Ability to work with other staff members in keeping the home clean to State requirements, including vacuuming the carpet, cleaning restrooms, i.e. cleaning the toilet area and mopping the floors, sweeping h floor, daily laundry, empty trash from home at end of shift or as necessary, etc.
- Preparing well-balanced meals: breakfast, lunch and dinner; also preparing snacks
- Complete understanding of home policies and procedures including home rules, disaster procedures, resident’s rights, etc.
- Attend all staff meeting, participate in scheduled training sessions including on the job training (All are Mandatory)
- Support healthy relationship with individuals, other staff members and state officials
- Maintain individual records on site in accordance with policy and procedures for Morning Star, DBHDD and DCH.
- Monthly fire extinguisher checks and Quality Improvement Reports (Environmental Home Reviews)
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent – (UPON START)
- At least 1year experience working with development disability and mentally challenged and/or seniors’ adults
- Current physical and TB screening – (UPON START)
- 16 hours of training within the year related to characteristic of individual
- First Aid certified (required)
- CPR certified (required)
- Proxy Care Certification (required)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient computer skills (required)
- Strong team player
- Clean Criminal History – (Candidate is responsible for payment 48 hours after offer letter agreement is signed)
- Ability to pass Drug Screening/10-year Driving Record Check is required – (UPON START)
- Be available for full shift hours to support in daily livingANNUAL PERFORMANCE REVIEW CRITERIA
- Person Centered Approach
- Knowledge of the individuals’ Behavior Support Plan (BSP) and Individual Service Plan (ISP)
- Ability to adjust to challenging behavior that works in the favor of the individual
- Communication Skills (both written and verbal)
- Flexibility with job duties
- Professionalism and organizational skills
- Medication Management
EXPECTATION OF WORK
Employees of Morning Star are expected to perform their full job responsibilities as listed. It is expected that the employee is on time for work and available for the full duration of their shift. While on the job it is expected that the employee is providing their undivided attention to the individuals’ and their needs. It is also expected that the employee attends to the home’s safety and cleanliness as policy outline.
Morning Star employees are expected also to have healthy communication with our individuals’, other employees of Morning Star, support coordinators, professional staff, and any representative from the State. Employees’ will receive an annual review of their performance based on the competencies listed above. Performance is expected at the highest quality of work. Morning Star’s homes are licensed, and the agency follows and enforces strict HIPPA guidelines in compliance with the State of Georgia, DBHDD and DCH.
Morning Star Personal Care IncWhy Work Here?
Awesome work environment, full time, great team
2225 Thorndale Drive SWSnellville, GA
Personal CareView all jobs at Morning Star Personal Care Inc