MCI is Seeking a Seasoned Construction Estimator to Join Our Team!
We are seeking a Senior-Level Construction Estimator!
Title: Senior Construction Estimator
Reports to: President, Vice President
Morillo Construction, Inc. is a full-service general building and general engineering contractor located in Pasadena, California. Our emphasis is on public works construction in Southern California, and provide a growing list of expertise to our public and private sector clients. We have a dedicated staff that is experienced with the special requirements of green building.
We are seeking a qualified Senior Estimator to join our team. As an estimator, your main responsibility will be to prepare and assemble construction bids and budgets for various scopes. Our ideal candidate is a Seasoned Estimator with demonstrated (10 + years) experience in public works with projects of $20M+ in size.
Please send a Resume or CV along with a Statement of Intent to admin (at) morilloconstruction (dot) com to apply.
Responsibilities and Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Seek out bid opportunities and prepare full and accurate Take-Offs and pricing in a timely manner
- Prepare/ coordinate multiple estimates on large and complex work, for both general building & general engineering projects
- Provide risk management, and analyze post-bid results
- Read and absorb blueprints and specifications in-depth, and analyze bid proposals for scope and pricing
- Build and maintain working relationships with vendors and trade subcontractors
- Liaise with Project Management, and assist in creating the work breakdown schedule
- Assist in completion of special projects as may be assigned, and attend job walks as necessary
- Public Works estimating experience (required)
- BA in Engineering, Construction Science, or similar relevant field (Preferred)
- Min. 10 years of prior experience as an estimator, with a proven track record and sub list
- Maintains up-to-date construction pricing
- Superior time management and interpersonal skills that stress a team mentality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and wear many hats
- Critical-thinker and problem solver
- Proficient in: PlanSwift and equivalent Construction Estimating Softwares
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
Morillo Construction, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Our team is experienced with the special requirements of green building, and provides growing list of expertise. The company has enjoyed strategic maturation since its beginnings as a family business in 1976.
Antoine B. Morillo, President, and Pierre Morillo, Vice President, have been involved with the company since its inception. Today, MCI has built a large and diverse number of institutional, commercial, and private projects for clients throughout the Southland.
Morillo credits its success on its solid foundation of hard work and remaining true to its core value of ‘Building with Integrity’. Our reputability for dealing fairly, ethically, and professionally in the community is paramount.
Morillo Construction, Inc.
236 N Holliston AvePasadena, CA
Get fresh MCI is Seeking a Seasoned Construction Estimator to Join Our Team! jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.