Reports to: President, Vice President
Morillo Construction, Inc. is a full-service general building and general engineering contracting company located in Pasadena, California. Our emphasis is on public works construction in Southern California, and provide a growing list of expertise to our public and private sector clients. We have a dedicated staff that is experienced with the special requirements of green building.
We are seeking a Construction Superintendent to join our growing team. As a Superintendent, your main responsibilities will be to plan, schedule, and coordinate subcontractor and owner meetings; preparing documentation; and managing project schedule and critical path objectives. Our ideal candidate is a Seasoned Superintendent with minimum 10 years of experience with a GC on Public Works projects valued $10M and above, and is OSHA 30 certified. Bonus points for extensive pool experience, as well as experience with residential/ mixed use complexes.
Please send a Resume or CV along with a Statement of Intent to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Responsibilities and Duties include, but are not limited to:
● Create a work breakdown schedule with logic, costing, and resource-loading for the master schedule.
● Manage project schedule and critical path activities.
● Verify that subcontractors’ post-bid scope of work matches their original bids’ scope of work. Verify the construction set of documents with the bid set documents.
● Maintain cost-control objectives.
● Plan, schedule, and coordinate subcontractor work.
● Ensure adherence to subcontracts and to General Contract.
● Issue proper notifications and requests to subcontractors and owners.
● Prepare and track proper documentation such as RFIs, RFCs, bulletins, long-lead items, change orders, SIS schedule, schedule updates and narratives, time impacts, dailies, as-builts, equipment rentals, company-owned equipment, project photos, etc.
● Process applications for pulling permits and utility fees, as required.
● Coordinate billing percentages with subcontractors, and notify subcontractors of approved percentages.
● Conduct weekly subcontractor meetings.
● Attend weekly Owner meetings.
● Approve subcontractor and vendor invoices.
● Resolve subcontractor issues.
● Assist in replacement of non-performing subcontractors and with non-committed work.
● Conduct weekly safety meetings and enforce safety policies.
● Ensure quality control at all tiers with their respective requirements.
● Prepare punch list and facilitate the close-out process for projects.
● Engineering, Construction Management, or Architectural degree, or equivalent experience (4 yrs)
● Extensive field experience at the managerial level in public works construction
● Knowledge of job scheduling, planning, expediting, cost, and quality control
● Knowledge of OSHA laws and is OSHA Certified
● Working knowledge of all trades (ability to read and understand specifications for all trades)
● Self-motivated, takes initiative, able to bring items to conclusion.
● Good problem-solving skills, and excellent verbal adn written communication skills
● Interpersonal skills that stress a team mentality.
● Health Insurance
● Dental Insurance
● Vision Insurance
● Retirement Plan
Morillo Construction, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Our team is experienced with the special requirements of green building, and provides growing list of expertise. The company has enjoyed strategic maturation since its beginnings as a family business in 1976.
Antoine B. Morillo, President, and Pierre Morillo, Vice President, have been involved with the company since its inception. Today, MCI has built a large and diverse number of institutional, commercial, and private projects for clients throughout the Southland.
Morillo credits its success on its solid foundation of hard work and remaining true to its core value of ‘Building with Integrity’. Our reputability for dealing fairly, ethically, and professionally in the community is paramount.
Morillo Construction, Inc.
227 N Holliston Ave.Pasadena, CA
Get fresh Construction Superintendent jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.