Senior Supply Chain Associate
- Expired: December 14, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Mori is focused on innovations in the food, agriculture, and packaging industries. We leverage the unique properties of a natural protein discovered in silk that protects food, creates an edible barrier, and slows down spoilage. Our products can be integrated at any time from farm to shelf, allowing food producers, processors, and retailers to deliver more and better-quality food to consumers. Our mission statement "More Food, Less Waste" embodies our companies' commitment to improving supply chain inefficiencies and reducing food and packaging waste. We abide by the following values to make our mission possible:
- Think big, start small
- Embrace complexity
- See it through
- Operate with care
- Keep perspective
Mori is seeking a Sr. Supply Chain Associate to work with the Chief Supply Chain Officer. The candidate will perform a function of conducting projects with concepts of Lean Six Sigma and project management tools. The position will lead to becoming a successful professional in the supply chain management, including procurement management.
Responsibilities include analyzing scenarios for best landed cost options from a global supply base, researching new suppliers, tracking deliveries and updating order records (e.g. dates, invoices and discounts). A successful candidate needs to be familiar with supply chain procedures, knowing how to create and translate cost analyses, and developing should-cost models. This position will help making cost-effective supply chain decisions and ensuring our company's COGS is in line with the budget.
- Monitor stock levels and identify purchasing needs
- Research potential vendors
- Develop and run should-cost models
- Track orders and ensure timely delivery
- Update internal databases with order details (dates, vendors, quantities, discounts)
- Conduct market research to identify pricing trends
- Evaluate offers from vendors and develop scenarios for negotiations
- Prepare cost analyses
- Issue purchase orders
- Maintain updated records of invoices and contracts
- Follow up with suppliers, as needed, to confirm or change orders
- Liaise with warehouse staff to ensure all products arrive in good condition
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- BSc in Logistics, Business Administration, or relevant field. MBA is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience as a Purchasing Assistant, Assistant to Purchasing Officer, Supply Chain Analysist, or similar role
- Good understanding of supply chain procedures
- Hands-on experience with purchasing software (e.g. Procurify or SpendMap)
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and/or similar applications
- Knowledge of market research
- Solid organizational skills
Mori provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Health, vision, and dental plans where Mori pays 50% of the premium
- Health Savings Account (HSA) for High Deductible Health Plans (HDHP)
- Unlimited paid-time-off (which includes sick pay) and 11 paid company holidays
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Commuter benefits providing employees the opportunity to use tax-free dollars on commuting costs (as specified by the benefit administrator)
- Free, access to confidential mental health counsellors through a program called Health Advocate. Health Advocate also helps with other things (securing childcare, finding lawyers for wills, etc.), and you have access to the full array of Health Advocate options
- Health Advocate also offers advice on which health insurance option to choose based on your personal circumstances (HIPAA compliant, everything is done between you and them and never comes to a Mori employee). This type of program is often referred to as an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Free OneMedical on-demand primary care (24/7 access to physicians, online booking system, membership fee is covered), insurance required for certain services
- Free TelaDoc through Aetna available to employees with an active Mori health plan.
- One year of TalkSpace (fully online mental health therapists) Access based on enrollment in an active Mori provided Health Benefit plan. Monthly limitations apply
Additional location specific benefits include:
- Optional Life and supplemental life insurance through MetLife
- 24/7 access to Hood Park fitness center (Boston benefit)
- Free parking (Boston and Salinas benefit)
- Covered and indoor bike parking (Boston benefit)
- Hood Park programming and events (Boston benefit)
Mori is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 ("ADA"), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act of 2008, and all applicable state and local fair employment practices laws. Employment opportunities at Mori are based upon one's qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential functions of a particular job. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, religion, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BusinessView all jobs at Mori
Get fresh Food Supply Chain jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.