- Posted: over a month ago
- $60,000 to $70,000 Yearly
Working with the scientific staff and collaborators, the bioinformatician will be responsible for implementing and applying the analytical workflow for flow variant assays (FVAs) and risk classification scores for disease risk assessment tests in compliance with a pipeline for Food and Drug Administration approval of these tests. The individual is expected to work as the informatics project leader for multiple funded opportunities. This is a full-time position based in the New York City metro area.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Master all aspects of flow variant assays, including protocols, reports, and regulatory documents.
· Build a database for data entry management and statistical analysis.
· Record, evaluate, interpret and summarize technical data.
· Organize and present the results of work internally and externally.
· Function as in-house consultant for informatics analysis.
· Provide technical expertise in planning, monitoring, and maintaining project timelines to meet business needs.
· Understands and complies with Safety, Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs), Company Affirmative Action, Standard Operating Procedures and Policies, and regulatory policies for genetic testing.
· M.S. or Ph.D. in bioinformatics, biostatistics, or related field
· Expertise in human molecular genetic testing, including NextGen sequencing and annotation, plus flow cytometry.
· Good ability to work with others to accomplish project goals.
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction
· Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
· Must be 18 years of age or older
Morgan and Mendel Genomics is biotechnology start-up, with government and private, funded business opportunities. We are committed to excellence in precision medicine using post-genomic technologies. Morgan and Mendel Genomics, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Morgan and Mendel Genomics is firmly committed to ensuring a safe, healthy, productive and efficient work environment for our employees, partners and customers. As part of that commitment, Morgan and Mendel Genomics conducts pre-employment verifications and drug screenings.
Andrew Paul, CEO, firstname.lastname@example.org
Morgan and Mendel Genomics IncWhy Work Here?
Cutting Edge technology that can revolutionize genetic analysis and save lives going forward.
Morgan and Mendel Genomics is 7-year-old biotechnology company supported by highly-competitive Federal grants and private funding. We are committed to excellence in precision medicine using our post-genomic technologies, thus offering an intellectually rich and rewarding work environment. Currently, we are performing analytical and clinical validation studies for two in vitro diagnostic kits that will change how cancer risk assessment is performed. These studies will lead to FDA clearance and commercialization. Morgan and Mendel Genomics, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. We are committed to ensuring a safe, healthy, productive and efficient work environment for our employees, partners and customers. As part of that commitment, Morgan and Mendel Genomics conducts pre-employment verifications and drug screenings.
1120 Morris Park AveNew York, NY
TechnologyView all jobs at Morgan and Mendel Genomics Inc