Customer Service Specialist
- $15 to $20 Hourly
The Customer Service Specialist works with and reports to the Customer Service Manager. The position is located at 500 Steed Road, Ridgeland, MS. The person in this position is the first to interact with our customers by answering incoming calls from the customer service and claims call queues. The Customer Service Specialist takes on a wide variety of tasks, all of which involve supporting the company's operations and products. They will be interacting with customers and building and maintaining relationships while providing exceptional customer service. In this role you have the ability, and are strongly encouraged to, advance levels within the department. Each level achieved results in increased pay. Knowledge Checks and minimum qualifications are required for advancement.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Answer incoming calls.
- Identify and document the needs of the customer utilizing all tools available.
- Always demonstrate excellent phone etiquette and use written skills to obtain clear and concise documentation of the customer's inquiry.
- Meet or exceed all performance metrics.
- Be knowledgeable and have a clear understanding of the business processes within MWG including departments, insurance carriers, brokers/agents, and group contacts.
- Route calls to appropriate resources.
- Utilize MWG Administrators Policy Administration Systems to verify eligibility and review members accounts based on the policy assigned.
- Recognize and resolved customer issues by following standard operating procedures and explaining the process to the customer.
- Identify and escalate issues to supervisors.
- Follow up customer calls where necessary and complete the daily assigned voicemails.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Department Manager.
WORKING ENVIROMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to perform in a very high paced environment and be flexible to multi-task or handle
- Ability to work independently with excellent time management
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy in every aspect of the
- Knowledge of customer service practices and principles.
- Excellent problem-solving skills along with keen attention to details.
- Strong written/verbal communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Excellent data entry and typing skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy in every aspect of the job.
- Always exhibit excellent phone etiquette and professionalism.
- Knowledge of all products and services.
- Understand and adhere to each department's policies and procedures within the TPA.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma required; Associates or bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Must have previous customer service experience; previous Call Center experience is a plus.
- Must have excellent computer skills with experience in Microsoft Tools.
- Must be able to work well under pressure with multiple priorities and meet deadlines while maintaining a strong attention to detail.
JOB ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS:
The following are job functions that an employee must be capable of performing with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- Must be able to work as scheduled.
- Must possess sight and hearing senses or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of the position as stated above can be fully met.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, reach, and sit or stand at a desk during 85 % of the working day.
- Must be able to remain stationary at workstation for extended times and/or walk throughout the area.
- Will require significant viewing and usage of computers and computer screens.
Morgan White GroupRidgeland, MS
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.