THE SHUTTLE REPRESENTATIVE
The Morgan Shuttle Representative is responsible for transporting clean product from the plant to the Dayton branch and miscellaneous duties as directed by the Service Supervisor or Branch Manager.
The Shuttle Representative reports to the Service Supervisor or Branch Manager.
Morgan expects the Shuttle Representative to develop a strong business relationship with each department.
The Shuttle Representative will:
1. Deliver clean linen, garment cages and mats.
2. Resolve complaints, objections, problems and concerns.
3. Immediately report any truck problems and concerns to his/her supervisor.
4. Be able to lift a soil bag weighing up to sixty-five pounds.
5. Perform all other reasonable duties, as requested.
Morgan Services, Inc. expects a clean, reliable delivery from the Shuttle Representative:
1. Check his/her load each delivery to assure it is complete.
2. Deliver clean linen bundles, uniforms and dust control on the assigned route, and on assigned delivery days.
3. Make special deliveries to branches as required.
Morgan Services, Inc. expects a Shuttle Representative who is courteous and professional. The Shuttle Representative will:
1. Wear the company uniform on the job.
2. Be properly groomed and maintain good personal hygiene at all times.
The Shuttle Representative will adhere to the following policies and procedures regarding the company vehicle.
1. Not to smoke in the company vehicle.
2. No unauthorized use of company vehicle.
3. Pre-Trip inspection as outlined in the company policy.
4. Post-Trip inspection as outlined in company policy.
5. Keep the inside of the truck orderly, removing all trash nightly.
6. Keep an accident information form in truck, with the proof of insurance card.
7. Turn in the truck maintenance report weekly.
8. Operate the company delivery truck in a safe manner and obey all traffic laws.
9. Pay their own traffic tickets.
10. Will wear a seat belt at all times when driving the delivery truck.
11. Will not use a cell phone while driving.
12. Follow accident procedures: Regardless of fault, an accident report from the local police department and a completed accident information form will be given to the service representative's immediate supervisor on the day of a moving vehicle accident.
The Shuttle Representatives' performance will be evaluated to include, but not limited to the following measures:
1. Certification: All Shuttle Representatives must be certified by the Company within the time period specified by the Area.
2. The accuracy of deliveries.
3. Paperwork, including truck maintenance.
5. Any additional criteria deemed important to an Area's success
**Must have valid drivers license and be able to pass a DOT physical.**