Property Management Intern (Hospitality Mgt/Marketing/Mgt Majors)
Morgan Properties Baltimore, MD
- Posted: 19 days ago
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance
About Morgan Properties:
Join Morgan Properties, one of the nation’s largest and fastest growing property management companies. Our award-winning employees are dedicated to providing our residents with a quality residential living experience every day. Established in 1985 by Mitchell Morgan, Morgan Properties is a national real estate investment and management company headquartered in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania. Morgan Properties and its affiliates currently own and manage a multifamily portfolio comprised of over 350 apartment communities and over 90,000 units located in 20 states. The Company is the nation’s largest private multifamily owner, with over 2,500 employees. Our company thrives on a culture of creativity, communication and collaboration, where every person is valued. We’re always looking for passionate professionals to join our team. If you meet the requirements listed and are interested, please submit your resume for consideration.
What You Will Be Doing:
This is a 10-week summer paid internship where you will have an opportunity to learn all the skills necessary to successfully transition into a career in property management post-graduation.
We are looking for high energy, self-motivated individuals with excellent communication skills, a friendly and outgoing personality, and a desire to learn. Do you have a dynamic personality and enjoy working with people?
As a Property Management Intern you will:
- Working closely with the property management and leasing consultants observing the sales process from start to finish including showing our apartments, overcoming objections, providing solutions, building relationships and creating excitement.
- Assist in guiding residents through the move in process by conducting property tours, answering questions, and assisting in the application process.
- Observe and perform tasks associated with the operation of the property including maintenance of resident information systems and resident files.
- Learn how we maintain the financial records of apartment community. This includes verification and allocation of business transactions.
- Have an opportunity to meet with and learn from corporate officers and leaders within the organization
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Assist the Manager with collection and processing of payments and purchase orders.
- Assist with creating monthly reports including renewals, rents, leasing, resident retention programs and maintenance.
- Assist in validating prospect/resident rental eligibility using designated background verification process.
- Assist in the follow up of delinquencies.
- Assist in scheduling appointments.
- Review and check accuracy of resident information.
- Assist with marketing and follow up of the leasing team unit inspections, thank you notes, approval letters, phone calls and lease signing schedules.
- Enrolled in an accredited college or university program.
- Enrolled in a curriculum leading to a Bachelor’s in Management, Marketing or Hospitality Management.
- Enrolled on a full-time basis (12 semester hours).
- Have an acceptable overall (cumulative) grade point average, not lower than a 3.0.
- Rising Sophomore, Junior or Senior.
- Able to provide an official student transcript and other required information.
- 18 years of age or older.
You will receive training in the following areas:
- Company history, philosophy, and mission
- Leadership hierarchy, explaining departments and reporting relationships
- Employee development
- Safety and our awards program
- Fair housing
- Customer service
Career Paths for Morgan Interns:
Through Morgan’s internship program you will have an opportunity for full-time employment with our company following graduation. Morgan Properties encourages ongoing personal and professional growth for our interns and employees. We take pride in our commitment to continually grow our employees through exceptional training and development.