Gas, Diesel & Propane Delivery Driver
DELIVERY DRIVER - CDL CLASS A or BREQUIRED
role in a growing, family-owned business?
...If so, we want to talk with you!
Come join our family! Founded in 1954, Morgan Distributing Inc. ("MDI") is a third-generation, family-owned flagship motor fluid distributor in Illinois, Missouri, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, and Arkansas. We pride ourselves on delivering the highest quality motor oils, industrial lubricants, metalworking, and specialty fluids to our customers. Our markets span automotive, trucking, heavy-duty, agriculture, construction, mining, power generation, and industrial. We provide industry leading technology through synthetic lubrication, energy savings analysis and assist in the development of long-term sustainable maintenance programs. We are proud to be family-owned, promoting a legacy of hard work, integrity, and a true dedication to customer service. Learn more about MDI at www.mdilubes.com.
Morgan Distributing, Inc. is an ExxonMobil Lubricant Distributor headquartered in Decatur, Illinois with 3 additional locations in Fairfield, Illinois, Cape Girardeau, Missouri, and Valparaiso, IN.
Currently, we are seeking a Gas, Diesel & Propane Delivery Driver - CDL Class A or B
DECATUR, IL location
HOME EVERY NIGHT!!!
Morgan Distributing, Inc. is a Distributor of Gas, Diesel, and Propane headquartered in Decatur, Illinois. Currently, we are seeking a Delivery Driver for our Gas, Diesel and Propane department, Decatur, IL location to join our team. This position primarily delivers Gas, Diesel, and Propane to our customer within the territory. Drivers are home every night.Summary/Objective:
To transport and deliver petroleum products to customers by applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and roads in the area.
The following are essential functions of the job:
- Drives tank truck to deliver gasoline, fuel, or propane to customers.
- Reads gauges or meters and records quantity loaded.
- Records amount delivered and issues ticket to customer.
- Inspect truck for defects and safe operating condition before, during and after trips and submit a written report on the condition of the truck at the end of each trip or tour of duty.
- Apply knowledge of commercial driving and skills in maneuvering vehicle at varying speeds in difficult situations, such as heavy traffic, inclement weather and in or out of tight areas.
- Maintain records required for compliance with state and federal regulations including driver's record of duty status, mileage records, and other records required by law.
- Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures, and comply with all federal, state and local regulations for the safe operation of a commercial motor vehicle.
- Report all accidents involving driver or company equipment.
- Report highway safety hazards noted while in route.
- Promptly report any delays due to break downs, weather or traffic conditions or other emergencies, or in the event of irregularities relating to pick up or delivery.
- Perform required before-, during- and after-operation "user maintenance" and provide required reports.
- Provide outstanding customer service during delivery and pickup operations.
- Maintain all required certifications required by DOT and OSHA and company safety programs.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside weather conditions. The employee is exposed daily to all types of weather conditions, fumes or airborne particles, or toxic chemicals and vibration.
The noise level will vary on location that operation is taking place. All necessary PPE (Hard Hat, Safety Glasses, Eye/Ear Protection, etc) is provided to the employee.Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is constantly required to use hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and walk.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.Expected Hours of Work
Hours are determined by Morgan Distributing, Inc. Fuel Supervisor based on demand and customer need. This position involves hours before and beyond core hours of 8:00 to 5:00. Position is guaranteed 40 hours a week, however, overtime is not a guarantee. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.Travel
Travel is primarily local during the business day.Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- 1 year of relevant experience, or any equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to do the job.
- Valid CDL License (Class A/B).
- DOT Hazmat/Tanker Endorsement.
Morgan Distributing, Inc. is committed to the principles of Equal Employment. We are committed to complying with all Federal, State, and Local laws providing Equal Employment Opportunities and all other employment laws and regulations.Other Duties
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Morgan Distributing Inc.Decatur, IL
Transportation and Storage
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.