Morgan Corp. Savannah, GA
- Posted: over a month ago
Over the past 75 years, Morgan Corp. has expanded to one of the largest diversified heavy construction grading companies in the Southeast. With offices in SC, NC, and GA, and hundreds of employees, Morgan Corp. supports multiple projects and strives to exceed customer expectations while upholding core values.
Morgan Corp. has an opportunity for a new Surveyor to work with our Savannah, GA division.
Makes exact measurements and provides data relevant to shape, contour, gravitation, location, elevation, or dimension of land or land features on or near the earth's surface for construction, engineering, mining, and land evaluation.
Essential duties include
- Verify the accuracy of survey data including measurements and calculation conducted at survey sites.
- Establish fixed points for project control to use for any layout that requires precise and accurate tolerances
- Determine locations and elevations of important features as well as all general terrain using robotic total stations, grade levels, and GPS
- Plan and conduct ground surveys to calculate quantities and to project completion times
- Perform all types of construction layout including curb staking, utility staking, grade staking, etc.
- Prepare or supervise preparation of all data, charts, maps, records, and documents related to surveys.
- Coordinate findings with engineers, clients, site personnel and others concerned with projects.
- Adjust surveying instruments to maintain accuracy.
- Ability to read, interpolate, and perform stakeout from set of construction plans.
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- 1 year of experience as a Survey Technician and/or Surveyor
- Excellent math and reasoning ability
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt, prioritize, and rapidly react to changing construction environment
- Sense of urgency
- Mechanical aptitude and good computer skills
- Commitment to safety
- Willingness to travel
While performing the essential functions of this job the Surveyor will:
- Frequently stand, walk, crawl, use hand to finger, handle and manipulate objects, reach with hands and arms, lift above head, bend at waist, squat, kneel, talk and hear.
- Occasionally climb ladders and lift, move, or push up to 75 pounds.
- Specific vision requirements include near, far, and color vision.
- Walk and climb on uneven terrain.
- Work in construction area posing greater risk due to moving equipment and potential trip and fall hazards.
- Be regularly exposed to varying temperatures (high and low) and loud noises.
ConstructionView all jobs at Morgan Corp.