The individual is responsible for planning, controlling and coordinating the entire range of manufacturing activities within a given product line or Value Stream including Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory and Productivity. Supervise and manage day to day employee relations. The position reports directly to the Site Manager.
· Work with engineers to ensure that all customer requirements are understood, implemented and met throughout the value stream
· Communicate regularly with engineers to ensure changes and issues are flowed expediently to customers, contracts, and the Value Stream
· Work regularly with Operations Manager/Site Leader to manage and control quality and resulting scrap to protect program profit and the Company Goals.
· Flow down customer requirements to Value Stream team
· Ensure on-time delivery of product
· Ensure achievement of all Operational KPIs for associated Value Stream (Revenue, OTD, LTA’s, Scrap, etc).
· Support team by removing obstacles and prioritizing workflow as needed to meet customer requirements
· Lead team in Continuous Improvement events to eliminate waste and improve efficiencies
· Participate in development of yearly Strategy Deployment goals and objectives for Value Stream
· Ensure successful completion of Policy Deployment within Value Stream
· Provide weekly update to Site Manager describing weekly achievements and issues within Value Stream
· Report on Policy Deployment and CI actions
· Report on metrics in Policy Deployment X-Matrix
· Ensure capacity and capability are continually planned in order to meet agreed customer requirements and work and information flow are documented and regularly reviewed to ensure smooth and rapid execution of Customer requirements
· Overall capacity planning, allocation of reserve capacity, identification of planned shutdowns and allocation of down-time for maintenance (value stream capacity)
· Identification of opportunities for cross training and capacity training in order to enhance capacity and responsiveness to know customer requirements
· Ensuring a smooth interface with supporting departments not under the VS leader’s direct control (E.g. Supply Chain, Sales, Finance, Quality, Engineering)
· Manage individual and team performance, regularly reviewing with Supervisors, Leads, and Engineers, rewarding excellence and the achievement or bettering of targets and taking corrective action when necessary.
· Manage end to end flow of product, and the performance of all parts in the value stream
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Communication skills - above average presentation, written and verbal communication skills. Needs to be able to communicate with all levels and functions of the organization.
- Root Cause and Corrective action problem solving skill, Green Belt preferred.
- Demonstrate strong management and leadership skills as a member of the Operations Management staff.
- Ability to handle diverse situations when working with employees, and provide discipline as necessary
- Previous management experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- This position requires a 4 year college degree with applicable work experience.
- Preferred background in metals, either ferrous or non-ferrous.
- Preferred background in a fabrication shop and be familiar with stamping, forgings high speed passes or ring making.
The essential functions have been provided as examples of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions. The job description is not intended to be an all inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general nature of the position.
The business employs advanced materials science and applications expertise to produce parts that enhance reliability or improve the performance of its customers’ products. Much of what the global business unit makes is used in demanding, harsh or critical environments. Our Seals and Bearings business works in selected segments of the electronics, energy, healthcare, industrial, petrochemicals, security and transport markets, typically in close collaborative customer relationships.
Our product range includes:
Components from our specialist alumina formulations
Wax injection products
Ceramic injection moulded products
Ceramic to metal assemblies include brazed/metallized assemblies
Mass spectrometry components
Haldenwanger range (tubes, laboratory porcelain, kiln furniture)