The Manufacturing Technician role is responsible for the operation and maintenance of a high temperature, high vacuum Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD) process and related support equipment. The role is an exciting opportunity to join a global, dynamic, Hi-Tech team, supporting the semi-conductor, optical, and LED industries. We are an industry leader in development and manufacturer of high temperature, ultra-pure ceramic materials manufactured through CVD processes.
· Maintain quality and quantity with strong sense of accountability and standards.
· Complete all relevant documentation while maintaining product traceability throughout the process.
· Due to the nature of the CVD process, the role requires that you are alert and aware at all times for safety purposes.
· Clean & maintain equipment & work area.
- Set up, operate, monitor and maintain high temperature furnace and vacuum systems for CVD process.
- Ensure preventative maintenance tasks are on schedule.
- Utilize work instructions to remain in compliance with ISO 9001:2008 quality standards.
- Ensure accurate measurement and recording of process data.
- Strong hands-on mechanical abilities/aptitude required.
- Must be flexible, able to perform multiple tasks, and prioritize.
- Must be able to work well with others and coordinate with team efforts.
- Able to follow all safety procedures and rules.
- Actively participate in Continuous Improvement efforts and 5S Initiatives to help maintain a clean, safe and efficient work environment.
· Perform various tasks and all other duties as required/assigned by Department Supervisor.
· Conduct all tasks in a safe and efficient manner complying with all local, state, and federal EHS regulations and with Morgan Hudson EHS Guidelines. Guidelines include but not limited to participation in required EHS training and use of proper PPE. Employees are responsible for operating in a safe and ethical manner as well as report any unsafe or hazardous conditions and job-related injuries or illnesses to their supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications and Education Requirements
· To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
· 2+ years’ Manufacturing Technician experience
· Must be able to carry out written, oral, or diagram form instructions.
· Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident, due to ITAR regulations in manufacturing plants.
· Basic math skills.
· Team oriented and self-directed
· Electro-mechanical experience.
· Plumbing, Hi Purity Gas Systems, cooling water, and/or wastewater treatment experience a plus.
· High vacuum systems experience a plus.
· High temperature processing experience, such as furnace or CVD a plus.
· Strong mechanical aptitude.
· Knowledge of lean manufacturing, 5S, and/or six sigma a plus.
· Ability to use Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) a plus.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ability to wear air purifying respirator and pass pulmonary function and fit test requirements.
· Required to talk or hear.
· Required to pass eye tests.
· Required to stand, walk, and sit.
· Required to use finger, handle, feel & reach with hands & arms.
· Frequently lift and/or move up to 60 lbs.
· Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus, close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, or airborne particles, and toxic caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. For safety precautions, employees are provided with all necessary PPE to complete job duties.
This job description does not state or imply that all duties to be performed are specifically identified above. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested or instructed by an authorized person of the Company. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.