Posting Date: 07-23-2019
Job Reports To: Finance Director - Americas
Location: Greenville, SC with responsibility for multiple sites across the Americas.
• Manages accounting function across a number of sites, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, maintenance of general ledger and project accounting. Interprets, directs and ensures compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, corporate policies and external audits. Leads, coaches, mentor’s the assigned accounting staff to maximize productivity/efficiency and to ensure clarity in accountabilities and expectations. Has clear plan of development and succession for each team member, motivates and rewards employees. Champions new ideas and fosters a team environment. Provides support to Finance Director to ensure the availability of data for analysis and reporting. Must have excellent organizational and time management skills along with the ability to review and improve accounting and financial reporting processes as necessary.
TYPICAL JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Manage the Greenville shared service center delivering and ensuring consistent service across all internal customers sites.
- Manage day-to-day accounting operations and ensure that there is a redundant process backup in place for every critical operation
- Liaise with and leverage Morganite Industries Inc. (N. A. shared service) in matters of tax, employee benefits, Treasury, Legal and Environmental.
- Develop, implement and manage the month, quarter and year-end close accounting schedules; ensures closing of financial records, posting of month end information and accuracy of financial statements.
- Develop monthly and quarterly accounting reports for the management and executive teams
- Monitor emerging technology in ways to automate the accounting process without sacrificing accuracy and accountability.
- Instill a culture of continuous improvement that drives process change and maximizes productivity/efficiency
Debtors / Accounts Receivable:
· Supervise one Debtors staff member to ensure following are complete:
- Ensure timely, accurate invoicing and collection of monies due to the business. Interface with operations, commercial teams and customers to enhance process efficiencies.
- Provide weekly reporting of invoicing, aging totals, cash receipts and invoice adjustments.
- Manage cash application ensuring all cash receipts are applied properly.
- Monitor and report on deviations from agreed payment terms and credit standards.
- Make recommendations to improve quality of invoicing and collection procedures.
- Conduct credit checks on all customer, establish and manage limits.
- Reviews and approves reconciliations.
Creditors / Accounts Payable:
· Supervise one Creditors staff member to ensure following are complete:
- Oversees all Accounts Payable processes including AP processing, petty cash, expense reports and account reconciliations.
- Ensures appropriate controls are in place including robust requisition, receiving and matching process.
- Reviews register for accuracy before authorizing payments.
- Acting as a liaison for the accounting department in order to solve disputes.
- Acts as a liaison between the vendor, government and external accountants to meet information needs and to ensure that proper information is maintained for historical purposes.
- Completes month-end closing reviews of accruals, procedures and corrections as needed.
- Analyzes and reports GRNI monthly.
- Looks for opportunities for automating any manual accounting and financial reporting or analysis with accounting software
- Reviews and approves reconciliations
· Supervise one Payroll staff member to ensure following are complete:
- Manage and guarantee weekly disbursement of payroll, including garnishments, benefits and taxes to employees consistent with federal and state wage laws
- Ensure processing of new hires, temporary workers, transfers, promotions and terminations is accurate and timely
- Critically review and analyze current payroll, benefits and tax procedures in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations
- Communicate actively with Operations, HR and Billing to review cross-departmental impacts and reconcile data sharing
- Ensure systems are set-up and updated to reflect current employee base, including wages, benefits, sick and vacation time.
- Manage regular preparation of relevant management reports, including weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.)
- Undertakes ad hoc projects as required
- Shares best practice across the region
- Challenges current working practises and processes to drive improvement
- Maintains effective working relationships with the Company’s stakeholders and external parties, including external and internal Audit
- Actively supports and helps drive a safety-awareness culture in the company
The above statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS:
- BS degree Finance/Accounting
- Experience gained in accounts payable, receivables and payroll function across multiple entities
- Good level of initiative and strong time management skills
- Strong MS Office skills and must be an effective communicator
- ATTITUDES and BEHAVIOURS:
- Ability to coach and develop teams
- Champions curiosity
- Adept at communication and collaboration
- Attention to detail, organisation
- Professional demeanour with high degree of comfort speaking with Finance Management
- Ability to thrive in an environment driven by tight schedules/deadlines and to deliver results
- Fluency in English both in written and verbal communication