- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Morgan 6 is a fast-growing leader in the government contracting field based in Charleston, SC. Our mission is to expertly apply state of the art technology to improve the lives of Warriors – past, present, and future. Our core solutions include Software Engineering and Agile Software Development, DevSecOps, IT Support and Planning, Digital Transformation, and National Security Services. Most importantly, we are, and we support, Warriors First!
If you are a self-starting highly driven individual who; values teamwork, demonstrates integrity and honesty, is passionate about innovation, and delivers quality work --- read on!
Position: We’re looking for a Data Analyst to support a large government contract with the Department of Veterans Affairs.
The data analyst designs, implements, and documents data architecture and data modeling solutions, which include the use of relational, dimensional, and NoSQL databases. These solutions support enterprise information management, business intelligence, machine learning, data science, and other business interests for the Loan Guaranty Programs. The analyst will be required to interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques. The analyst will implement data analysis that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
The successful candidate will:
Be responsible for the development of the conceptual, logical, and physical data models, the implementation of RDBMS, operational data store (ODS), data marts, and data lakes on target platforms (SQL/NoSQL).
Oversee and govern the expansion of existing data architecture and the optimization of data query performance via best practices. The candidate must be able to work independently and collaboratively.
- Implement business and IT data requirements through new data strategies and designs across all data platforms (relational, dimensional, and NoSQL) and data tools (reporting, visualization, analytics, and machine learning).
- Work with business and application/solution teams to implement data strategies, build data flows, and develop conceptual/logical/physical data models.
- Define and govern data modeling and design standards, tools, best practices, and related development for enterprise data models.
- Identify the architecture, infrastructure, and interfaces to data sources, tools supporting automated data loads, security concerns, analytic models, and data visualization.
- Hands-on modeling, design, configuration, installation, performance tuning, and sandbox POC.
- Work proactively and independently to address project requirements and articulate issues/challenges to reduce project delivery risks.
- Interpreting data, analyzing results using statistical techniques.
- Developing and implementing data analyses, data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Acquiring data from primary or secondary data sources and maintaining databases.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer/data science technical or related experience.
- 3+ years of hands-on relational, dimensional, and/or analytic experience (using RDBMS, dimensional, NoSQL data platform technologies, and ETL and data ingestion protocols).
- Experience with data warehouse, data lake, and enterprise big data platforms in multi-data-center contexts required.
- Good knowledge of metadata management, data modeling, and related tools (Erwin or ER Studio or others) required.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc).
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Data Cataloging experience.
- Previous experience supporting dashboarding development desired.
- Knowledge of python, R, open source tools desired.
- Experience presenting analytics results in clear and concise presentation, such as slides, memos, or reports.
Why Should You Apply?
- Engaging Work
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Team environment and culture
- Your knowledge, skills, abilities, and attitude make a difference!
APPLY NOW! Help grow a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB)
This position is remote.
Powered by JazzHR
Morgan 6, LLC
TechnologyView all jobs at Morgan 6, LLC