Morehouse, a fourth-generation company providing force measurement and instrument calibration services and products for customers worldwide is seeking an experienced Inside Technical Sales Professional to join our team to develop new business and improve our sales process. This position provides a great opportunity for professional growth in a technical sales environment backed by a strong reputation and great markets. We work with a broad range of organizations from very large government and commercial labs (like NASA and NIST) to small laboratories--really anyone requiring accurate force or torque measurements.
A successful candidate should bring technical sales experience and be prepared to learn about our product and service offerings. The role doesn’t involve substantial travel but will require a disciplined volume of warm and cold calls.
Individuals will need to thrive in a fast-paced environment, be detail-oriented, and possess exceptional communication and organizational skills. If this appeals to you, we encourage you to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be goal-oriented with the ability to follow a sales process, track progress, close sales, and be successful!
- Conduct regular phone calls and video conferences with leads, prospects, and customers (domestic and international)
- Enjoy selling and demonstrate a strong aptitude for sales, e.g. maintaining call volume, setting appointments, asking for referrals, and suggesting additional products or services
- Timely communication with prospective and existing customers, and team members
- Identify potential commercial contract opportunities and follow up on leads to develop business
- Attend regular training and ask questions to learn the business and stay up to date with new products
- Use product knowledge to showcase the solutions that our company can offer to prospects
- Report weekly sales activity and reach specific goals
- Four-year college degree or related is preferred; proven background in business development and sales will also be considered
- Minimum of three years of experience in technical sales and business development is required
- Strong mechanical aptitude is helpful
- Enjoy working with people and developing long term relationships
- Possess positive customer service attitude in all interactions
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-disciplined and capable of identifying and completing critical tasks independently and with a sense of urgency
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to establish a positive rapport with customers
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word)
- Experience with CRM software (Method CRM preferred)
- Strong, reading, writing and mathematical skills
Please do not call the office or send hard copy resumes. We carefully consider every application, but we can only accept applications made through this site.
Our working environment is technical, collaborative, and fast-paced with our team of about 25 employees. To support our continued growth, we are in the process of expanding into a new building over the next few months.