General Motors Service Manager
Morehart Murphy Subaru Durango, CO
- Posted: over a month ago
General Motors Service Manager Chevy, GMC, Buick
Runs an efficient and profitable GM service department through productive staffing, customer retention, cost controls, achievement of objectives, CSI and maintenance of all service records. Ensures that the daily inventory of technicians’ time is consistently sold to service customers.
• Forecasts goals and objectives for the department and strives to meet them.
• Hires, trains, motivates, counsels and monitors the performance of all service department staff.
• Maintains reporting systems required by general management and the factory.
• Attends managers meetings.
• Monitors and controls the performance of the department using appropriate reports, tracking systems and surveys.
• Strives for harmony and teamwork within the department and with all other departments.
• Develops and implements a marketing plan which promotes new and repeat business.
• Understands, keeps abreast of and complies with federal, state and local regulations that affect service operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know etc.
• Understands and ensures compliance with manufacturer warranty and policy procedures.
• Accounts for all documents; ensures that none are missing and all are processed correctly.
• Holds weekly department meetings.
• Directs and schedules the activities of all department employees.
• Facilitates and/or conducts technical training and sends employees to appropriate training schools as needed.
• Monitors technicians' daily productivity reports and corresponding payroll records.
• Monitors and follows up on parts orders with the parts manager to ensure availability.
• Initials all repair orders before submitting them to the warranty department, monitoring for sales and hours relative to expectations.
• Establishes and maintains good working relationships with customers to encourage repeat and referral business.
• Informs repair technicians of time allowances on each repair order.
• Maintains high-quality service repairs and minimizes comebacks. Conducts periodic spot checks of completed jobs for thoroughness and quality.
• Keeps abreast of new equipment and tools available and recommends purchases.
• Ensures that the work areas and customer waiting area are kept clean.
• Establishes and maintains good working relationships with vocational and technical schools to enhance personnel recruitment activities.
• Serves as liaison with factory representatives.
• Ensures the proper care, storage and inventory of special tools.
• Ensures that customers' service files are up-to-date and readily available for reference.
• Ensures that all customers are greeted promptly and given fair estimates on costs and time required for repairs and maintenance.
• Prepares pricing guides and maintenance menus for frequent labor operations.
• Handles customer complaints immediately and according to dealership's guidelines.
• Establishes and maintains 24-hour follow-up with all customers to confirm satisfaction with the service experience.
• Maintains safe work environment.
• Maintains a professional appearance.
• Other tasks as assigned.
Minimum 3-5 years General Motors (preferred) service management/advisor experience or other manufacture.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Not required. Preferred
Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certifications
• Automatic Transmission/Transaxle Certification for Auto/Light Truck
• Brakes Certification for Auto/Light Truck
• Electrical/Electronic Systems Certification for Auto/Light Truck
• Engine Performance Certification for Auto/Light Truck
• Engine Repair Certification for Auto/Light Truck
• Heating and Air Conditioning Certification for Auto/Light Truck
• Manual Drive Train and Axle Certification for Auto/Light Truck
Valid Driver's License (Required)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Morehart Murphy Subaru
AutomotiveView all jobs at Morehart Murphy Subaru