The Maintenance Supervisor position provides a wide range of preventative maintenance and repair work to WRI’s wastewater treatment plant. The Maintenance Supervisor works in conjunction with the Maintenance Supervisor in considering the needs of the facility. They must adhere to and maintain strict compliance with corporate/office policies and procedures, established health & safety protocols, and all applicable local, state, and federal regulations.
- Inspect facility equipment routinely
- Responsible for preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of plant equipment under the guidance of the Asst. General Manager to assure a safe operating condition.
- Responsible for the installation and/or modification of equipment associated with plant upgrades
- Prioritizes and schedules Maintenance Work Orders to be completed in a neat and timely manner
- Identifies and qualifies vendors to perform work on site or, to provide a service or materials.
- Work with vendors and contractors assisting with projects onsite.
- Communicates repair and maintenance schedule determinations and decisions to Maintenance Technician to ensure the effective and timely allocation of resources
- May be required to assist with industrial wastewater and/or used oil recovery operations consisting of bulk liquid transfer operations involving incoming trucks and tankers and performing treatment of wastewaters and waste oils
- Must always maintain a clean and safe work area following all MER environmental and safety program requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- (5) years of diesel / heavy equipment mechanic experience preferred.
- Ability to read Mechanical and Electrical schematic drawings
- Ability to perform welding, piping/plumbing and electrical work on plant equipment
- Must be multi-task oriented and have strong time management, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of OSHA 1910 and 1926 standards, and other regulatory standards.
- Ability to work in a wide range of environments including those involving being outdoors with prolonged exposure to direct sunlight and extreme heat in summer
- Must have appropriate licenses, in good standing and meet applicable WRI driving requirements to operate company vehicles and equipment.
- May be required to operate forklift, pressure washer, and occasionally drive company vehicle.
- Ability to work in excess of regularly scheduled hours when necessary.
- Additional experience in related work (preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, automated control systems, maintenance of pumps, valves and related equipment, welding) is preferred.
- A valid driver’s license is required
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) preferred, but not required.
- Must participate in and successfully complete annual training courses in occupational safety and environmental regulations as outlined by the WRI employee development program. Minimum training requirements include: 29 CFR 1910.147 OSHA Confined Space Training, 29 CFR 1910.151 OSHA First Aid and CPR Certified
- Successful completion of a pre-employment background and substance screening process including, but not limited to, employment verifications, criminal search, and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) search as well continued verifications throughout employment to ensure that all records meet company policy standards.
MER is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in a drug free work environment to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
Moran Environmental RecoveryTampa, FL
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.