Moran Environmental Recovery Randolph, MA
- Posted: over a month ago
*As a Federal Contractor, MER will require all employees to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 as a condition of employment. Please reach out to our Recruitment Team for additional questions.
Moran Environmental Recovery, LLC (MER) is an integrated environmental company specialized in providing services to Energy and Industrial, Commercial and Naval Marine, Railroad and Government clients. With operations based in strategically located resource centers along the United States eastern and gulf coasts, the services we perform range in scope from routine maintenance work, utilizing vacuum trucks and high-pressure washing equipment to large-scale site remediation and abatement. Our core competencies involve specialized risk management tools and are performed in strict compliance with complex regulatory requirements. We provide these services using in-house resources, enabling exceptional quality control enjoyed by few companies in our industry.
The Abatement Supervisor must be able to work in compliance on remediation and industrial maintenance projects. They must adhere to and maintain strict compliance with corporate/office policies and procedures, established health and safety protocols, and all applicable local, state, and federal regulations.
- Execution of field work involved in asbestos abatement projects while under direct or indirect supervision.
- Direct and supervise project-assigned labor forces including the following job classification: foremen, equipment operators, hazardous waste technicians, and emergency response crews etc. to maintain competent completion of their duties.
- Correct completion of all job-specific, employee-related MER paper work including Timesheets, Daily Work Reports, Driver’s Logs and Daily Tailgate Safety Meeting Forms.
- Understand and enforce project’s detailed scope-of-work to optimize strict compliance with contract documents, project schedules, and corporate policies and procedures.
- Under general direction from Logistics Manager, Program/Project Manager and/or Division Manager, forecast and organize the cost-effective utilization of project personnel, equipment, materials, and subcontractors to minimize unneeded project cost resulting in higher profit.
- Work safely and ensure that the crew is working safely during all phases of performing the job duties required in the field.
- Ability to perform work inside areas of varying dimensions; involving squatting and crawling for possible extended periods.
- Ability to follow directions; read/speak and understand English; read and understand common danger placards / labels and hazardous warning literature including site safety plans.
- The ability to safely drive and perform safety checks on all vehicles for which licensed.
- Project work may require out of town travel for two weeks or more.
- Must be able to understand and comply with company and client safety standards.
- Due to the diversity of both scheduled and non-scheduled projects, physical demands, and environmental conditions vary significantly depending on the project.
- Work outside year round in all types of weather.
- May work in environments that are extreme in nature like environmental conditions such as heat, cold, heights, hazardous chemicals, loud noises, dangerous equipment, long hours etc.
- May be exposed to varying levels of physical activities and physical extremes such as long periods of standing, walking, crouching, use of hands, and heavy lifting of up to 50 pounds or more.
- Must be clean shaven at all times to allow immediate donning and seal of respirator.
- Requires High School Diploma or GED (or equivalent reading, writing and reasoning skills) and 2-3 years of experience supervising abatement projects.
- Additional experience in related work (emergency response, manual labor, general construction, industrial cleaning) is preferred.
- Qualified employees must possess the 40-hr Abatement Supervisor’s certification.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- TWIC preferred.
- OSHA 40-HR HAZWOPER, Confined Space Entry and Lead Awareness certifications are desired but not required.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment background and substance screening process including, but not limited to, employment verifications, criminal search and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) search as well continued verifications throughout employment to ensure that all records meet company policy standards.
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid Holidays
Moran Environmental Recovery
TravelView all jobs at Moran Environmental Recovery