The Fairfield Inn & Suites General Manager is responsible for continually focusing on achieving hotel profitability through revenue generation, cost control, guest satisfaction and developing employees, while maintaining the integrity of the hotel.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service- oriented manner.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Moorpark Hospitality standards, as required including, but not limited to scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• In conjunction with the Director of Sales, play a pivotal role in hotel sales efforts, including obtaining accounts, meeting clients, meeting with on-site contacts as needed.
• Tour the property and operating departments daily, adjusting as needed via department heads.
• Conduct weekly staff meetings, including any training sessions needed.
• Meet all financial review dates and corporate directed programs in a timely fashion.
• Hold a monthly financial review with all department managers, and available supervisors.
• Ensure that all department heads maintain budgeted productivity levels and standard accounting procedures.
• Develop managers for future advancement through competency training and corporate sponsored training programs.
• Maintain direct contact with and monitor the development of management trainees/interns.
• Adhere to all Moorpark Hospitality policies and procedures and train new employees to ensure compliance.
• Oversee and assist in the Moorpark Hospitality budget process as required.
• Ensure that training in service standards is taking place in each department using the steps to effective training according to standards.
• Assist in creating a positive team-oriented environment which focuses on the guest, through employee development and motivation.
• Inspect rooms regularly (weekly at a minimum) with both the FOM/AGM and/or the Chief Engineer.
• Ensure complete processing of invoices daily by using the A/P process.
• Ensure that all appropriate information for financial documents is received by the Corporate Office as required, in compliance with the monthly accounting calendar.
• Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of the physical property through inspections and preventive maintenance with department managers.
• Prepare and conduct all management interviews and follow hiring procedures according to Moorpark Hospitality SOP's. Ensure that all managers follow the standards in their interviewing and hiring procedures for departmental staff.
• Interview all prospective final candidates for any vacant management position within the hotel prior to any offer being extended. *
• Perform all management team members’ performance appraisals according to Moorpark Hospitality procedure and ensure that managers are following the standards in their administration of performance appraisals to their staff.
• Meet all clients on the property, including meeting contacts and potential clients touring the property, to assist in the sales effort.
• Be in the public areas during peak times, greeting guests and offering assistance as needed.
• Maintain procedures for handling of the hotel safe specifically regarding security and initiate a monthly safe audit.
• Ensure that all scheduled meetings take place on the property.
• Attend meetings/training as required by management.
• Perform other duties as requested from management.
• Long hours sometimes required.
• Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all management personnel according to Moorpark Hospitality SOP's and ensure that managers are following the standards in their administration of counseling and disciplinary steps.
• Ensure that all employees receive fair and equitable treatment.
• Monitor employee performance and offer regular evaluation meetings designed to improve service
• At least 6 years progressive experience in a hotel or a related field
• Previous customer service and general computer experience required (Microsoft Office). Property Management Software (FOSSE) experience preferred.
• Strong computer literacy to include Excel, Word and Outlook and overall organization skills.
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written. Ability to formulate professional correspondence.
• Must be available to work varied shifts and schedules to include days, nights, weekends and holidays.
• Candidates must have previous General Manager branded hotel experience with Marriott.
This job description is not intended to provide a complete and comprehensive list of all job duties, requirements and responsibilities. Instead, it is provided as a general overview of the expectations for the position.
The hospitality industry requires that employees always present a professional image. This includes providing courteous and attentive customer service. Employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Uniform standards will be explained during orientation. This industry functions seven (7) days a week, twenty-four (24) hours a day. Regular attendance in accordance with company standards is essential for success in this position.