Accounts Payable Clerk - Production Solutions
Accounts Payable Clerk - Remote, Hybrid, or Office Based
Production Solutions, a division of the Moore Enterprise, is an industry leader and expert in direct mail production management. We believe breakthrough results come from inspired people, ambitious thinking, impeccable service, and a spirit of working together. We listen, understand, strategize, create, and execute direct mail campaigns within annual fundraising programs. We are bold and resourceful; solving problems and hustling for our clients and each other is what we love to do. Conveniently located close to Tyson's Corner, you can work from our office or embrace our strong, collaborative, telecommuting culture. Either way, the result is the same - a challenging and rewarding career with an employer who genuinely cares and a leadership team that drives the company toward an even brighter and more exciting future.
As Accounts Payable Clerk, you will report to and work closely with our Accounting Manager. In a fast-paced environment, you will be responsible for vouchering invoices, issuing payments, reconciling vendor accounts, and communicating with vendors using Sage 100 automated accounting software. You will use your ability to effectively maneuver and prioritize multiple tasks and demands and use expert judgment, knowing when to seek assistance. Working independently and with a team of colleagues, you will be afforded the tools and resources necessary to succeed.
- Perform vendor maintenance in Sage 100 accounting software for new and existing vendors.
- Implementing accounting policies and procedures that ensure appropriate financial and management reporting.
- Complete and thorough knowledge of accounting systems and reporting requirements.
- Enters brokerage expense (job-related) supplier invoices in ProSIS daily matching them to their corresponding work order.
- Research, reconcile, and review variances relating to supplier invoices that do not match work orders referenced on the invoices.
- Classify invoices according to correct general ledger codes and vouchers to correct accounting periods daily.
- Edit and make necessary corrections of data entered into Sage 100, paying close attention to G/L codes and the correct accounting period.
- Reconcile monthly vendor statements to vendor history in Sage 100.
- Analyze and reconcile monthly brokerage expense accounts for all subsidiaries monthly.
- Communicate with vendors on the status of payment and inquiries concerning invoices.
- Timely and accurate entry of vendor invoices with appropriate G/L codes and accurate accounting period.
- Cash requirement report weekly for management review.
- Monthly Marriott Visa Journal Entry
- Supplier Credit Applications
- Weekly accounts are payable payments for all subsidiaries or manual checks as needed.
- Update accounts payable entries to G/L daily
- Perform other accounting duties as needed
Qualifications & Skills
- A.A. Accounting or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years of accounts payable processing experience.
- Basic understanding of debits and credits related to processing vendor invoices.
- Ability to problem solve and excellent analytical skills, Multi-task oriented
- Excellent organizational skills and detailed oriented.
- Consistent and timely application of accounting processes and procedures.
- Working knowledge of Excel software
- Working knowledge of MSWord
What's Attractive to the Right Candidate?
- We invest time and effort in our staff and provide gold-standard training and learning programs.??
- You can work from our offices in the well-located Tyson's Corner area of Northern Virginia or work remotely.??
- This is an outstanding opportunity to learn from a manager who is an expert in their field.??
- This is a challenging, rewarding role with the potential for professional growth.?
- We want you to succeed. You'll have lots of support - we work in close-knit teams where everyone will pitch in and help each other.?
We have a competitive benefits package: complete major medical/dental/vision plans (coverage starts the 1st day of the month following your start date) and life insurance, AD&D, and short-term disability coverage paid by the employer. We also offer additional voluntary life insurance and voluntary long-term disability. A Flexible Time Off (FTO) policy, five sick days allowance, and 11 paid holidays. Optional benefit flex-spending account (medical and dependent care), a 401(k) plan, and $150 monthly tax-free reimbursement for cell phone, internet, or health club membership or equipment.
Production Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws, regulations, or ordinances. We are committed to diversity in the workplace and promote a drug-free environment.
Productions Solutions is a division of the Moore Enterprise.
Finance and Insurance
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.