Payroll/HR Administrative Assistant
Moore Transport Toledo, OH
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Payroll/HR Administrative Assistant
We are looking for a Payroll/HR Administrative Assistant for our Toledo, OH location. Successful candidate should be a well-rounded individual with the ability to complete many tasks including, but not limited to:
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the Payroll Manager to process weekly driver and hourly payroll.
- Supports the Human Resources Manager with all employee relations requests and follow-up.
- Answers the HR pickup line and take appropriate messages to relay to the correct person.
- Scans and uploads all required documents into the appropriate personnel files.
- Assists in preparing, distributing and processing administrative new hire information including job offer letters, new hire packets, employee folders and entering into benefits administration system, etc.
- Assists with adding all new hires (drivers and administrative) into the HR/Payroll system.
- Handles job applicant information by performing background checks, creating authorizations for drug test and reconciling drug test invoices.
- Processes all employee terminations using the HR/Payroll Exit Checklist which includes, but is not limited to, notifying all necessary departments of termination, terminating employees in the necessary systems and complete exit interviews for administrative staff.
- Updates company contact information sheets including the terminal listing and admin listing.
- Assists in the maintenance of the benefits administration system including adding new employees, terminating employees and updating benefit information, etc.
- Maintains company performance reviews by maintaining tracking report, sending due date reminders to managers and entering information in the HR/Payroll system.
- Assists in the creation of and maintenance of all job descriptions.
- Assists in the maintenance of 401(k) account information (preparing new hire packets, adding/making changes to the system, maintain files and help with audits as needed).
- Orders office supplies as needed and maintains kitchen stock (i.e. paper towels, coffee supplies, cups, etc.).
- Orders business cards or other print items as business needs arise.
- Assists HR and Safety with the maintenance of workers comp claims including adding the claim to the necessary database, creating the claim folder, providing information to the necessary workers comp representative and adding the claim to the annual tracking spreadsheet.
- Assists in updating OSHA paperwork and logs on an annual basis and distributes to each location for posting.
- Updates FMLA database, documents and files as indicated by HR Manager.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Qualifications Required:
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality
- Must have prior experience with processing payroll (Paycom and ADP preferred)
- Ability to communicate accurately and professionally with others
- Attention to detail
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent telephone skills
- Keyboard skills and knowledge of office machines – fax, printer, copier, etc.
- Must have good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Possess good mathematical capabilities
- Works with accuracy to complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Works as a team member with others
- Be of excellent moral character, trustworthy and reliable
- Requires signed Confidentiality Agreement
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree in Business Administration (or related field)
- Minimum 2 years of related work experience in a professional office environment
Equal Opportunity Employer
Drug free workplace
Please send resume and wage requirements to:
Attn: Human Resources
5966 Heritage Ct.
Toledo, OH 43612
No phone calls please.
At Moore Transport our mission is to attract and retain customers by providing superior automotive transportation solutions. We are a manufacturer to dealer specialist. Currently we provide truck away services to Chrysler, Jeep, Ford, Fiat, Mercedes Benz, Nissan, Infiniti, Volkswagen, Audi, Subaru, Tesla, Hyundai and Kia. At Moore Transport our focus is on delivering a superior level of service to each and every one of our clients.
5966 Heritage CourtToledo, OH
BusinessView all jobs at Moore Transport