We are looking for a Mobile Maintenance Mechanic for the Baltimore, MD area. This position is responsible for providing mobile service for the maintenance and upkeep of company owned tractors and trailers by ensuring proper repairs are made to vehicles in a timely and quality manner. Successful candidate should be a well-rounded individual with the ability to complete many tasks including, but not limited to:
- Providing maintenance and repairs for trucks and trailers in the Baltimore area.
- On-call at all times to provide service for the drivers in the Baltimore area
- Keep stock for the service truck.
- Keep daily logs of the service work performed on the company vehicles.
- This position is responsible for some metal fabrication and repairs as needed (welding, cutting torching).
- Position is responsible to maintain fleet of vehicles and to ensure they meet DOT requirements.
- This includes creating and maintaining a fleet maintenance program that ensures all equipment is up and running, safe and in compliance with DOT regulations.
- This position is responsible to get repairs made when any road breakdowns occur.
- This position is responsible for ordering and maintaining any parts inventories and to maintain relations with vendors.
- This position is also responsible for administrative duties; record keeping and reporting, annual inspections and maintaining all maintenance records for the fleet.
- Responsible to maintain, organize, plan and set goals for the preventative maintenance program.
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major components, parts, or systems, verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Designs, welds, and fabricates steel, aluminum and stainless steel fabricated projects using mig, tig, stick and gas.
- Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
- Ability to communicate accurately and professionally with others
- Attention to detail
- Must be able to perform physical activities such as, but not limited to, lifting equipment (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking.
- Must be able to safely use manual tools, welding and power equipment.
- Ability to use hand, power and trade type tools
- Able to work independently
- Flexible and cooperative
- Works as a team member with others
- Maintains valid drivers license
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of two (2) years in experience with diesel mechanic work
- Knowledge of the truck hauling industry preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer
Drug free workplace
Please send resume to:
Attn: Human Resources
5966 Heritage Ct.
Toledo, OH 43612
No phone calls please