Sales Application Engineer
Our southeastern New Hampshire defense products client is hiring a Sales Application Engineer to join their dynamic team building devices for civil works projects around the globe. This position will support sales and business development efforts associated with custom solutions from the generation of a proposal to the installation of their systems. The position will support site visits, selection of product solutions and ensure that the proposed solution meets the client’s needs. This position will be the technical lead on selected projects and will coordinate with other engineers and departments to support on-going engineering efforts. The position will be responsible for supporting client solutions by organizing and completing various project milestones and tasks.. The successful candidate will be able to function not only in a technical manner, but also interact with vendors/clients during the component/system fabrication, assembly and installation. Our client is a offering an excellent benefits program with a generous 401k match and will be offering a stock option plan for this position. Specific duties include:
• Support proposal development and recommend products for select sites/locations.
• Prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining products or services to customers and prospective customer
• Work with customers and engineers to assess product needs and to determine system requirements
• Collaborate with sales teams to understand customer requirements and provide sales support
• Work with sales and engineering teams to plan and modify products to meet customer needs, support market research efforts
• Work/assist in research and development of new product technologies
• Work with Computer Aid Design (CAD) packages to organize general arrangements, design individual components and assemblies, assemble bill of materials, parts lists, etc.
• Be able to work within Solidworks Enterprise PDM.
• Assemble technical reports of the results and present data at design reviews.
• Process measured or test data, provide recommendations on required system functionality.
• Assist in field deployment and testing of systems.
• Organize and document results, observations, relevant information from design, test or other events, and communicate with clients and vendors both verbally in in written form.
• Conduct and participate in design reviews and author technical reports.
• Ability to work effectively as an individual and in a team environment, with multicultural clients and colleagues.
• Assist in project specification, timelines, identify project phases and milestones, and prepare project plan status reports.
• Maintain project schedule by monitoring project plans, resolving problems, and performing required tasks to stay on schedule.
• Coordinating with other departments, such as logistics, shipping/ receiving, to insure timely completion of the product/project.
• Work within a budget, track project expenditures, and controls project costs.
• Maintains project data base, cost and tasks of personnel.
• Assist in coordination of field deployments, evaluate engineering approaches and risks to produce development plans.
• Bachelor's degree in mechanical/ocean/civil engineering, physics or closely related scientific field.
• Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in related field or work.
• Proficient in a math application software package (Mathcad / Matlab / etc)
• Proficient in a Computer Aided Design (CAD) package (Solidworks, AutoCAD or equivalent)