Our Merrimack Valley banking client is hiring a team of Loan Processors/Closers to help them through a busy period. These are full time day shift jobs which could last a few months and possible go perm for the hired candidates. The primary duties consist of interacting with applicants, external contacts and underwriters to process borrower loan documentation; generates disclosures and commitment letters as well as calculating debt position and loan to value. Prepares loan closing documentation and performs a post-closing review while effectively communicating with members, attorneys and other employees.
Minimum of two years mortgage experience or equivalent experience in a related field required.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively and efficiently process and/or close mortgage loans using the following skills; analysis and limited discretionary judgement such as credit review, calculation of standard income, appraisal review, AUS findings review, application of basic underwriting guidelines, etc.
· Sound understanding of all applicable Underwriting Guidelines and Secondary Market guidelines required.
· In depth knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance necessary to successfully perform job responsibilities including but not limited to; TRID, HMDA, MDIA, and ECOA.
· Must be eligible to register with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry (NMLS) and must maintain registration with NMLS as a registered Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO).
· Proficient in use of MS Office, MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel.
· Proficient in use of Loan Origination Software, vendor software and internet sites.