Our southeastern New Hampshire defense products client is hiring an Electrical Controls Engineer to join their dynamic team building devices for civil works projects around the globe. This position will be part of a world class engineering team and report to a dynamic VP of Engineering. The position will be responsible for supporting the design, development and verifying the proper installation of our client’s capital device system controlling software and machinery. The position will also be responsible for the installation and technical support of PLC based hardware and software.
Our client is offering an excellent benefits program with a generous 401k match and will be offering a stock option plan for this position. Specific duties include:
• Troubleshooting and debugging device related service/maintenance procedures for the electrical/controls subsystems in the field.
• Work with VFD’s (Variable frequency Drives) and PLC’s.
• Participate in design reviews, provide input and participate in research and development projects.
• Ensuring that the systems and/or required field operations comply with applicable safety and quality regulations.
• Preparing and generating engineering and/or status reports.
• Assist in the design, analyze and assembly of human machine interfaces (HMI).
• Assist in the writing/debugging of code in standard industrial control software packages such as Ladder Logic (or equivalent), the Rockwell Automation suite of software, Factory talk, Studio 5000 or other similar software packages.
• Assist in field deployment and testing of electrical and electromechanical systems, and troubleshoot control and sensors issues in the field
• Conduct tests in a laboratory and field settings.
• Perform in house and on‐site testing debugging of control system software.
• Assemble technical reports of the results and present data at internal design reviews.
• BSME, BSEE (or equivalent).
• 0-2 years’ experience in related field of work.
• Ability to work within a team and with multicultural clients and colleagues.