Practical Nursing Instructor
Department: Health Careers
Time Open: Until Suitable Candidate is Identified
Salary Range: $50,370.00-$65,140.00 plus an additional $5000 payroll stipend
Monday through Friday, 8:30a.m-4:00 p.m. Clinical instruction, 6:30 a.m.-2:30p.m. or 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
General Job Description:
Mission, Vision, and Core Values: Supports Moore Norman's mission, vision and core values through providing and maintaining a safe, serviceable, and clean environment in which students, parents, clients, teachers, community members, and staff can learn and work on a daily basis. Builds relationships through friendly and honest communication; demonstrates integrity by operating in an ethical and respectful manner by using district resources appropriately and giving your best effort in everything daily; and exhibits excellence through innovative ways to improve the organization and its processes.
Primary purposes are to instruct classes/labs and supervise students in the clinical setting. Placement of students on jobs; prepares task analysis; advises students; grades reports, tests, and progress; and advises the supervisor concerning textbooks, special equipment, supplies, or other needs. Attends appropriate meetings and participates in overall quality of program and school. An incumbent in this position will utilize discretion, ingenuity and independent judgment due to the complexity of the job.
Bachelor's Degree (BSN) with a willingness to pursue a Master's degree within the first year of employment is required
Special Knowledge, Skill, or Ability:
* Ability to develop and maintain a working knowledge in all phases of Practical Nursing Education.
* Leadership ability
* Lecture and demonstrative skills
* Reasoning ability
* Ability to instruct
* Ability to observe, recognize, and interpret
* Ability to evaluate
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Satisfactory personal conduct and integrity
* Ability to work well with others
* Reliable, dependable, and punctual attendance
A minimum of two (2) years full-time equivalent practice as a registered nurse in a linical setting, within the last five (5) years preceding the first date of first employment as a teacher.
Additional certifications may be required for special program area
A valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Oklahoma
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Can Include:
1. Strengthens relationships by developing students and clients and staff, partnering with businesses and schools and collaborating with community leaders through participating in school or community activities.
2. Focuses on being a leader within the organization through personal accountability, active problem solving and positive forward thinking.
3. Focuses on continual improvement to assure quality products and excellent services to our customers and stakeholders.
4. Instructs classes/labs within area of specialty according to acceptable standards. Studies material and prepares for classes with necessary curriculum.
5. Maintains proper discipline in class and at school sponsored activities to further educational goals. Reports disciplinary infractions to proper sources.
6. Makes regular industry visits to develop network for skill upgrade, advisory committee development and student job placement.
7. Records attendance and advises students of attendance requirements.
8. Upholds the policies and procedures of the Board of Education and supports the organizational management philosophy of Moore Norman Technology Center. Works cooperatively and in harmony with co-workers and other MNTC employees.
9. Administers written and practical tests and provides feedback to students relative to grades and other career or academic counseling/advisement.
10. Maintains up-to-date task analysis/syllabus and curriculum for courses to be taught.
11. Makes time available for student counseling and advisement. Maintains knowledge of requirements for graduation and assists students in career planning.
12. Develops and updates curriculum and test materials; makes recommendations concerning textbooks, learning resources and other material; reviews and recommends other supplies and equipment for instructional programs. Maintains proper records and accountability of supplies and equipment entrusted to care.
13. Demonstrates dedication to working with students in an objective and fair manner regardless of handicap, race, gender, national origin, age, or socio-economic background, refraining absolutely and entirely from sexual harassment and exploitation; follows the standards of conduct and performance as adopted by the State Board of Education.
14. Attends faculty meetings; department/in-service meetings; may serve on various committees to provide constructive input to resolve problems. Attends state divisional professional improvement meetings as designated by Oklahoma Department of Career Education.
15. Attends various extracurricular activities within program area, graduation exercise, etc., as required.
16. Maintains expertise/competence in area of specialty by attending conferences/seminars and/or schools as required. Reads and keeps current on the latest technology and requirements in the area of specialty. Contributes to the growth of the profession.
17. Assists with recruiting students; providing items of interest to the Marketing Communications office.
18. Maintains an appropriate advisory committee and develops and maintain professional contacts within the field of specialty leading to the employment of students.
19. Makes on-site industry visits; monitors and/or supervises students on internships, clinicals, and OJT assignments.
20. Acts as sponsor for the program's student organization.
21. Must be able to use word processing and Internet Proficiently.
22. Participates in the planning of the annual budget for their department.
23.Performs other professional duties related to the instructional program.