Field Service Engineer
Moore Nanotechnology Systems LLC Swanzey, NH
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
This position reports to the Service Manager and is principally responsible for all phases of Field Service support. While the primary focus of this position will be related to the machine tool sector of our business, MNTS is a dynamic Company and therefore the responsibilities and functions of this position will evolve as the Company continues to grow.
- Fully experienced field engineer capable of installing and/or repairing our complete product offering. This includes at least 50% travel to customer facilities (could be on short notice).
- Extensive experience in all forms of electrical/mechanical assembly, diagnosis, troubleshooting, machine operation, programming, maintenance and repair.
- Provides support to customers via telephone, email, remote connection (i.e. Team Viewer), and the dispatch of replacement/repaired parts.
- Establishes a strong supportive relationship with our customers while promoting Moore Nanotech in a positive manner.
- Follows up promptly with customers as necessary to ensure complete satisfaction.
- Responsible for accurately quoting service jobs and parts.
- Compiles and maintains centrally located, accurate documentation files pertaining to all aspects of service activity including entries in the CRM system.
- Provides basic training to customers relating to machine operation.
- Accurately completes and submit strip expense reports in a timely manner.
- Ensures that best practices are observed and utilized for electrical and general safety requirements.
- Adheres to and meets strict production/repair schedules through personal time management, planning of tasks, coordinating any necessary support resources, parts/equipment availability, etc.
- Interfaces with all departments as required assuring transfer of product quality issues/concerns inclusive of potential enhancements or cost savings schemes, recognized through daily operations of field service.
- Provides any known or suspected information regarding potential new sales opportunities to the Sales Department.
- Ensures that any specific information learned from customers, or while at customer sites, is held in confidence within Moore Nanotech and treated with discretion.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Education and Experience
- Associate’s degree in electro/mechanical technology or equivalent job experience.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and US passport.
- Familiar with the operation of various optical and electronic test equipment including: Digital O-scope, Auto-Collimator, Interferometer, DVM, Chart Recorder, Frequency Analyzer, etc.
- Extremely strong analytical, diagnostic, and problem-solving skills.
- Proactively investigates and corrects complex technical problems.
- Professional demeanor and the ability to effectively function under high pressure conditions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer proficiency; with full working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Organizational skills, with a high level of efficiency, attention to detail, and sincerity in customer satisfaction.
- Flexible and capable of working in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities.
Moore Nanotechnology Systems LLC
Moore Nanotechnology Systems is a leader in the design and manufacturing of ultra-precision machining systems for the production of advanced optics used in the consumer electronics, defense, ophthalmic, lighting, medical and automotive sectors. Our ultra-precision machining systems support single point diamond turning, deterministic micro-grinding, precision micro-milling and glass press molding. We offer a diverse line of options and accessories to customize our machining platforms with specific applications.
230 Old Homestead HighwaySwanzey, NH
EngineeringView all jobs at Moore Nanotechnology Systems LLC