The Office Admin is responsible for providing administrative support to the Store GM, as well as performing basic accounting, HR, and office related duties for the store. This position is responsible for data entry, filing, and scheduling, and performs duties such as record keeping, payroll, coordination of meetings and conferences, obtaining supplies, coordinating internal and external communications, and working on special projects. This position will work with highly confidential and sensitive information, deal with a diverse group of applicants, new hires, employees, vendors and visitors, as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization.
Schedule: Monday to Friday: Some Saturdays
Bilingual Preferred but not required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Managing and maintaining the GM’s and the store’s calendars and schedules.
• Coordinating and setting up meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and occasionally travel.
• Sorting and distributing mail and replying by phone, e-mail or letter as necessary.
• Answering calls and taking messages or fielding/answering routine requests and/or questions.
• Preparing responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries and/or matters, as well as correspondences, reports, memos, letters, charts, tables, graphs, plans, etc. with accuracy and clarity.
• Preparing requested reports and/or analyses by collecting and analyzing pertinent information.
• Establishing, developing, maintaining and updating filing systems, and processing paperwork for GM, Assistant Managers, and Planting Crew Mangers.
• Filing and retrieving store’s HR/Payroll documents, records, and reports (and forwarding to corporate). • Accurately and efficiently handing onboarding paperwork for new hires.
• Maintaining accuracy & timeliness of time sheets and forwarding to Payroll weekly.
• Assisting GM in scheduling staff at both stores and assuring all HR paperwork (PTO requests, Position Change Requests, Incident reports, etc.) are completed, executed, and turned over to the proper office in an accurate and timely manner.
• Processing A/R, A/P, credit card, financing, and petty cash as directed by accounting and/or management.
• Making bank deposits, processing credit cards, processing electronic checks, etc. on a daily basis.
• Assuring proper PTO, and/or other leave related paperwork, is collected, prepared, completed, and turned into payroll in an accurate and timely manner.
• Scheduling, and assisting in the processing of candidates and hiring events.
• Maintaining office supplies inventory; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
• Ensuring operation of office equipment; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
• Helping maintain the overall operation and appearance of the Store’s office areas.
• Assuring all store expenditures are documented, validated and processed correctly.
• Communicating all employee issues, incidents, write-ups, actions, suspensions, qualifying events, and complaints to HR, management, and/or the effected employee(s)
• Helping with Inventory Orders
Physical requirements/Working conditions
Primarily working in a basic office environment: ability to sit, stand, walk, kneel, stoop, use stairs, reach, pull and lift objects up to 25 lbs. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear.
Little or no travel required. Must submit to a criminal background check.
Moon Valley Nurseries is the largest grower of box trees and palms in North America, and is an industry leader and high growth company that offers competitive salaries with exceptional employee benefits including medical insurance, 401(k), holidays, and PTO to all eligible employees. We are an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. We are a Drug Free Workplace
Our passion is providing high quality trees and plants to our customers THE RIGHT WAY! with our “you buy it and we plant it” tree deals, where everything from design through delivery and installation is performed by our professional and dedicated nursery staff, along with a one-of-a-kind tree warranty!
As the grower of its own massive inventory of trees, plants, palms and more, Moon Valley continues to set the industry standard for the highest quality, hardiest, and most aesthetically pleasing products.
We live by one simple rule: Bigger trees, better service, and always the best value... Guaranteed!!!
Moon Valley Nurseries
Why Work Here?Moon Valley Nursery is proud to be a family owned and operated company – and a zero-carbon-footprint, water-wise, eco-friendly, environmentally green company! We were founded in 1995 and have grown to be the Largest Box Tree nursery in North America, with farming, retail and landscaping operations throughout the southwest and across three time zones. Our passion is providing high quality trees and plants to our customers THE RIGHT WAY! with our “you buy it and we plant it” tree deals, where everything from design through delivery and installation is performed by our professional and dedicated nursery staff, along with a one-of-a-kind tree warranty! As the grower of its own massive inventory of trees, plants, palms and more, Moon Valley continues to set the industry standard for the highest quality, hardiest, and most aesthetically pleasing products. We live by one simple rule: Bigger trees, better service, and always the best value... Guaranteed!!!
Moon Valley Nurseries is the Largest tree grower in the country, carefully growing only the best trees from our most Premium specimens.