Customer Service/Cash Carry $14-16 DOE
Moon Valley Nurseries is the fastest growing company in the US! We have fully taken over the Southwest region and still building new sites every quarter. We are in TX, AZ, NV, and CA with potential growth in FL. We are the largest grower of box trees and palms in North America, we offer competitive salaries with exceptional employee benefits including medical insurance, 401(k), holidays, and PTO to all eligible employees.
This position transitions into sales or Management with 6 figure potential income. If you have sales/customer service experience and want to learn a new business this a great way to get your foot in the door.
Before calling Mauricio do your research on our company and industry. We need candidates that are ready for a NEW Career path and let us mold and train you for long term success.
Please call Mauricio to set up interview – 951-776-7526
The Customer Service/Cash & Carry is responsible for the overall inventory controls for the retail store, and ensuring merchandise is POS ready and available to the customer or install crews as necessary. This position is responsible for receiving and shipping merchandise to and from MVN farms, stores, and outside vendors, and the completion of all required data entry/paperwork, signage, and staging. In addition, the Inventory Specialist will assist customers with loading of merchandise, maintaining best-of-class presentation, and assuring that all inventory/merchandising issues or exceptions are identified, given remedial action, communicated, and resolved. This position also works under the direction of the Managers to assure all store signage and merchandising is done in accordance with MVN standards and guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintaining accurate inventory levels by ensuring inventory management and order fulfillment responsibilities are completed accurately and in a timely fashion, and by following proper processes to ensure inventory is accurate and up to date.
• Making sure nursery is painted correctly, all stock is barcoded and stickered correctly, and the whole nursery is signed on each end of every row, with pricing on any “Huge” or smaller, “Free planting” on all “Blockbuster” and larger, and all advertising signs placed accordingly throughout the nursery.
• Assuring all boxes are accurately priced and tagged to show: full retail pricing (before “half-off” or other promotional); Tree’s age, name & species; other pertinent information (water-wise, etc.)
• Assuring that “hang tags” are displayed at eye level on every tree variety that has a hang tag.
• Processing Receivers from other vendors with barcodes, stickers and appropriate signage.
• Filing all processed receivers by vendor (including MVN farms) with any notes, exceptions, etc.
• Communicating with the Yard Superintendent and GM regarding all product or materials received, transferred, bumped, spoiled, dumped, and/or any suspected shrinkage.
• Maintaining supply of sign holders, “water-wise” & promotional signs, ink tag and barcode supplies, etc.
• Generating sold reports, bump reports, and exception reports for the GM and managers.
• Working with the sales team to make sure they are ringing in skus correctly and accurately.
• Working closely with Logistics Specialist and adhere to all customer/delivery requirements.
• Working closely with logistics and Planting crews on reschedules and product rejections/substitutions.
• Preparing daily and weekly reports on inventory exceptions, shortages, pulls, mislabels, etc., reporting any issues to managers, and appropriately escalating any exceptions.
• Receiving and processing customer returns as necessary and physically segregating hold product when there is a return and marking product as appropriate.
• Making sure all barcode equipment is in proper working order and accounted for.
• Assisting in maintaining store appearance by properly disposing of debris and boxes, and helping ensure clean and accessible rows, aisles, displays, sales area, etc.
• Performing other duties and tasks as assigned.
Other duties may be required like:
- Watering and maintaining front section of Nursery
- Cleaning office space (Desks, Taking out Trash, Restrooms).
High school diploma or GED diploma.
Physical requirements/Working conditions
This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, calculators, bar code readers, etc., working in a combination of a basic office environment and an outdoor nursery environment: ability to sit, stand, walk, kneel, stoop, use stairs, reach, pull and lift objects up to 25 lbs. on a regular basis and up to 50 lbs. intermittently.
Subject to background check.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.