Interviews are this Friday August 9th starting at 11am.
21251 Bushard St Huntington Beach, CA
Come in Jeans and Boots.
COME GROW WITH THE #1 TREE NURSERY IN NORTH AMERICA!
Moon Valley Nurseries is looking for Landscape Foreman to run our professional, state-of-the-art installation crews. Candidates must have supervisory or managerial experience (landscape experience not required but would be highly beneficial.) Must have a current and valid drivers license, with a clean record and the ability to pass a DOT physical. If you like working outdoors, with plants, in a job with nearly unlimited growth potential while saving the world we are looking to hire immediately!
Moon Valley Nurseries is the largest grower of specimen trees and palms in North America, and is an industry leader and high growth company that offers competitive salaries with exceptional employee benefits including medical insurance, 401(k), holidays, and PTO to all eligible employees.
The Landscape Foreman (LF or Planting Crew Foreman) is responsible for delivering and installing plants and trees in residential and commercial locations. The position works as a member of the planting crew, plans the installation process, directs activities of the crew, interacts with the customer to assure a great customer experience, ensures 100% compliance with all HR and safety process, and assures that all installations are done in accordance with Moon Valley guidelines. The Landscape Foreman is responsible with assuring the proper, efficient, and timely completion of projects, and should be able to operate a variety of equipment and develop a working knowledge of landscaping & horticultural practices. This position promotes to Planting Crew Manager, which includes a great salary, commissions, and a performance incentive plan (PIP).
Tuesday to Saturday
Hours: Usually 630am until the job is done. Most foreman finish between 5pm and 7pm.
Training and Pay
Training takes 60-90 days at a pay ranging from 16-18/hr
After training is done we will offer:
- Base pay of 46-50k
- $2500 Performance Bonus every quarter.
- 6% Commission from all en-route sales
Duties & Responsibilities
- Working as a member of the industries top planting crews the Landscape Foreman directs the team, including handling personnel issues on site, and training employees on best practices, as well as company policies & procedures.
- Working knowledge of landscape installation procedures
- Knowledge of, and mechanical skill with, construction equipment; including, but not limited to: excavator, bobcat, sawzall, drills, gate lifts, shovels, etc.
- Plans and organizes job to ensuring sufficient resources and materials are available.
- Makes recommendations, on job status, personnel issues, or client concerns.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment, including worksite and equipment.
- Completes the job in time-efficient manner meeting company productivity targets.
- Safe operation and skill with driving a box truck with loads.
- Completes the necessary paperwork including work orders, time sheets and material requisitions.
- Maintains assigned equipment and notifies management of needed repairs.
Skills & Education
- Valid driver’s license insurable with MVN’s insurers is required.
- Working knowledge of standard landscaping & horticultural practices highly desired.
- High school degree or GED is required
- Two year’s experience in the landscaping field preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills, math skills, job-planning skills, problem-solving skills, and mechanical aptitude are a must.
CAREER GROWTH & REWARDS
With more than 45 locations across the southwest and growing, Moon Valley team members have fantastic career opportunities. Our competitive pay, great benefits, professional development opportunities and our incentive programs provide the potential for additional earnings and professional growth. Moon Valley is also one of the best training companies in the industry and we provide ongoing training, support self-development, and we GROW & LEARN TOGETHER (pun intended).
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. We are a Drug Free Workplace.