Moody and Associates, Inc. Washington, PA
- Posted: 29 days ago
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Geoscientist I position is an entry level position and is primarily responsible for the routine collection of groundwater and surface water data.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Collect field samples of water, soil or other media in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Documentation of field conditions.
- Operate and maintain field instruments and equipment.
- Prepare field notes and sketches of site conditions.
- Complete data entry.
- Scheduling appointments with private landowners.
- Mandatory On-Calls
- Occasional weekend work
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree in geology or environmental science
- 1 to 3 years of experience preferred.
Individuals must be able to perform each essential duty at a minimum satisfactory level. The items below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Possesses excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Is self-motivated and requires little supervision.
- Possesses problem-solving skills.
- Communicates effectively in written and verbal mediums as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Ability to work individually or with team members.
- Is able to manage flexible work schedules and time efficiently.
- Follows Company and client mandated safety rules/practices and is safety conscious at all times.
- Dependable (regular attendance necessary).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. The employee is required to frequently walk or hike long distances in remote rural areas in rough, uneven terrain while carrying field equipment. Duties will require working and driving in all weather conditions.
Powered by JazzHR
Moody and Associates, Inc.
ScienceView all jobs at Moody and Associates, Inc.