Commercial Insurance Sales
Moody Insurance Agency Inc Grand Junction, CO
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position Summary: The Risk Consultant is responsible for new business production, risk management consulting, and account management services to their existing book of business. This position requires a highly motivated individual that can consistently meet new business expectations while maintaining a strong relationship with existing clients. This position must also be able to work effectively in a team environment with an account manager and market manager to develop and maintain business. The Risk Consultant must perform to the ethical standards required by the Colorado Department of Insurance and Moody Insurance Agency, Inc.
Following is a brief outline of essential tasks for the Risk Consultant position, but other responsibilities and duties may be assigned:
• Manage internal and external client relationships and provide exceptional customer service. Customer service focus should be on understanding customer expectations and striving to exceed them.
• Meet or exceed annual new business sales goal.
• Work with account management team to ensure annual retention goals are met or exceeded on all renewals.
• Maintain ongoing involvement with clients including (but is not limited to): providing recaps at least 90 days prior to renewal, personally delivering policies, and writing thank-you notes for all renewals.
• Utilize expense account to continually build strong relationship with clients and/or prospects.
• Follow up with clients to ensure no accounts receivable over 90 days.
• Utilize Outlook calendar to track all appointments, daily events, and communication.
• Utilize Sales Force for prospect development; ensure that all prospects are entered and tracked regularly.
• Attend and participate in all sales meetings and trainings as well as Agency and Department meetings as requested.
• Coordinate and participate in activities related to the agency-affiliated associations and community events
• Maintain a current, active license at all times. Complete Continuing Education classes as required to maintain license, or as requested by Management. Should hold or be working toward at least one of the following insurance designations: CISR, CRIS, CRM, CIC, CPCU, or ARM.
• Other duties as assigned
The information provided above is intended as general overview of the nature of the work, requirements, and necessary qualifications associated with this position. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
• Able to read and write in English
• High School diploma or equivalent required. College degree (or equivalent job experience) in insurance, communications or other related field preferred.
• Must currently possess (or be able to obtain within 90 days of hire) a Colorado Property and Casualty Insurance License; insurance designations such as CIC, CPCU, ARM or CRM strongly desired.
• 2 years minimum outside sales experience with ability to leverage established networks
• Previous Commercial insurance experience preferred.
• Proficient computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Outstanding consulting, sales and negotiating skills
• Strong customer service and team skills required; must interact effectively with customers, carriers, co-workers and management. • Ability to work efficiently under strict time constraints
• Proven ability to analyze and solve problems
First Year Salary - $30,000 - $60,000, depending on experience
40% commission on new business after minimum sales quota reached
30% commission on renewals
$2,500 expense budget for 2021
Car and cell phone allowance
Moody Insurance Agency Inc
760 Horizon Dr #302 Grand JunctionGrand Junction, CO