We're looking for detail-oriented, empathetic problem solvers to join our Customer Operations (COps) team in our Las Vegas office. This is our first office outside of the UK, and you’ll be vital in ensuring we’re able to serve our three million customers.
At Monzo, we’re building a new kind of bank. One that lives in your smartphone and helps you take control of your money. We are always here to help as every customer gets access to 24/7 customer support through a quick call, social media, emails and our app.
COps are the heart of Monzo
You'll be the first point of contact for any of our users who have questions, problems, feedback and compliments! COps are the face of Monzo and the main way our customers communicate with us.
We want to delight our customers in any way possible. Our mission is to make money work for everyone, and while having a great app is part of that, we pride ourselves on providing world-class support. By solving customers’ problems, treating them fairly and being totally transparent, we believe we can make banking better.
You’ll know how to fix problems on the spot
Every person in COps has the power to solve problems quickly and with minimal fuss. We’ll give you all the tools and training you need so you know exactly how payments systems actually work, and you’ll listen to customers’ concerns with positivity, empathy and patience. Then you’ll fix whatever’s up and stop it from happening again.
You'll be the first point of contact for any of our users who have questions, problems, feedback and compliments!
What will you be doing day-to-day?
- Providing the best customer support by talking directly and honestly with our customers, and developing a deep understanding of what our community really wants from a digital bank.
- Communicating with our customers through a variety of different mediums, based on our customers needs; whether that be through calls, social media platforms, email or in-app chat.
- Proactively spotting patterns in the frustrations or hopes of our customers, seeing where we can change our processes, tools or product to make them happier.
- Identifying customers who are in vulnerable situations and helping to figure out what steps we can take to support them.
- Working closely with our financial crime team to act as the first line of defence to help spot and investigate trends. Whilst investigating and making decisions about payments made on stolen cards, as well as looking into scam websites.
- Dealing with tricky payments-related queries; investigating missing transfers and Direct Debits, helping manage the customers who are switching to Monzo.
- Understanding, prioritising and escalating our customers' feedback and feature requests to the external product team (who build our app). Plus, being the first port of call for customer complaints to make sure that they're treated fairly and can share their thoughts and concerns.
- Supporting other members in the customer support team by being a point of escalation for other COps and mentoring new joiners. Plus making sure the rest of the company stays customer-focused and fixated on building the best bank account in the world.
After you're fully comfortable helping our customers, you'll have the opportunity to expand your knowledge in the various other areas of the COps team. This could range from helping out on social media to spending time with our Financial Crime specialists!
Your working life and shift requirements
The salary for this role is $33,000 per year.
You’ll be working from our Las Vegas office on an ‘open availability’ contract basis, to make sure we are always here to help and allow 24/7 customer support through our calls, social media platforms, email or in-app chat.
To ensure we have enough cover on weekends, all of our full time COps are guaranteed 1 full weekend off each month. You will work some other weekend days and get days off in the same working week. Your shift pattern will change on a weekly basis, shifts vary between Monday-Sunday, 06:00 -15:00, 07:00 - 16:00, 08:00 - 17:00, 09:00 - 18:00, 10:00 - 19:00, 11:00 - 20:00, 12:00 - 21:00, 13:00 - 22:00 depending on demand.
You should apply if:
- you’re a US citizen or have a permit, visa or other legal authorisation which lets you work in the US
- care deeply about delighting our customers
- you're great at explaining things to people, and have flawless written English
- you delight in investigating awkward problems, getting to the root cause and fixing them
- you know your way around social networks, and technology interests you
- you're friendly and super organised
- you want to be part of the team that makes Monzo!
- you are comfortable working a rotational shift pattern
- are comfortable using a laptop
- you haven't applied and been unsuccessful within the last 6 months
We offer some amazing benefits! These include, but aren’t limited to:
- 32 days paid vacation per year
- Healthcare - 100% contribution to medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous parental leave policy
- Catered lunches twice a week
- Personal learning budget for books, training courses and conferences to help you learn and grow
- Team-building, socials and other fun get-togethers
The application process
- Answer the application questions (below) and upload your CV. This online application will take approx. 30 mins - 1 hour to complete, please allow yourself enough time to do this.
Useful information for application questions 1 and 2:
When interacting with our customers, we always aim to be positive, human and helpful. Our COps team is at the heart of Monzo: we always try to add value to any discussion we’re involved in and make sure our customers get the best level of care. We interact with our customers through calls, social media platforms, email and in-app chat. We build most of our tools ourselves in order to provide efficient and speedy answers. At Monzo, COps are empowered to make decisions for themselves as much as possible.
We put a lot of focus on how we talk to our customers at Monzo so it would be great if you could read this blog on our Tone of Voice before completing your application. We'd love it if you could use a similar tone of voice in your task.
- Once you've submitted your application questions, we'll review along with your CV (there is no need to submit a Cover Letter, please use this time to answer the application questions instead). Your written communication is really important to us as a lot of your time as a COp is spent on chat, so keep this in mind!
- If you're successful at this initial stage, we’ll invite you to an assessment day. At the assessment day you’ll have some one-on-one interviews and a collaborative task with a small group of other candidates.
- If all goes well, you'll join our small but growing team on a mission to make money work for everyone!
We are recruiting now for roles to start over the next few months, so even if you're not available to start at a later date - please still apply now!
You'll spend 5 days per week for your first three to four weeks in training (Monday-Friday) between 09:00-18:00.
Questions about this role? Head over to our careers page to read our FAQs (www.monzo.com/careers) or email email@example.com